What this Bball team needs.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

is about a 6'5" slasher who can shoot the "3", get about 5-7 rebounds/game and slash to the goal with enough athleticism to score in close. Yeh, like a Michael Jordan type, that would be good.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

that is hud. only he's rarely aggressive enough. did pretty well today. never goes for rebounds though--i think he is often responsible for getting back on D

3. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

I think he went to Texas Tech.

4. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

how about a 6'7" one in TaZ he is on the way the kid can play. He can play outside he just hasn't really had the opportunity in High school!

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think Brady envisioned Regis being that guy to tell you the truth, just didn't work out. He was a slasher but didn't have the shot.

6. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

as Malone said...see next year - Tasmin Mitchell

7. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

I still want to see Mitchell against talented big men. He reminds me of Billy Madison when playing with the 3rd graders at age 25. I have seen many of his game and he is the biggest guy on the court. He is also by far the strongest. I think he will need a year or 2 before he really performs well for LSU. Its going to be a big change for him. You do not get better by playing people worse than you.

8. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I disagree - you could've said the same thing about Big Baby last year - heck, I did!

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

He has cut his chops on the AAU circuit for a couple of years now. All of the good high school players play each other during the summers and that's when coaches get the best idea of their skills. Mitchell has proven his talents against the other top high school players so I think he'll be OK.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You're right. Basketball and football recruits pan out much more than football recruits because of that. There's nothing like seeing how these kids can do against the best in their age groups. Of course they can't do it in football thank goodness, can you iamgina a summer circuit with the poor guys playing another 10-15 games against other studs from around the country.