What to do in New Orleans?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IATigerFan, May 17, 2006.

1. IATigerFan

IATigerFan Tiger Fan in Iowa

Thanks everybody for the great information to this point! The tournament is being held at the convention center, we play Saturday thru Tuesday. The tournament actually runs for a week, they just split it out into two sessions. If anybody is interested in stopping by; there will probably be about 60-70 courts of volleyball being played at one time - quite the site to see. You can see all levels of play; Olympic level down to what essentially amounts to beginner.

We are hoping to experience as much as we can so keep the recommendations coming! Thanks much :thumb:

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

IATigerFan, so you're a Tiger fan living in Iowa?
    How the hell did you get in? You crossed the river at Keokuk, didn't you?
    Man, our border security sucks... and way too many unguarded bridges in Madison County.
    It's my duty to report you, sorry.

3. IATigerFan

Hawker - I had to seriously think about getting out of Iowa after the '05 Capital One bowl! I continued to proudly wear my LSU clothes and received quite a number of comments (some not so nice)! I actually grew up in Iowa - long story about becoming a LSU fan that I won't bore you with. I've never stepped foot on the LSU campus but I'm hoping to someday experience the thrill of Tiger Stadium at night after having tailgated all day :thumb:

On the flip side, I admire the heck out of the job Ferentz has done with the Hawkeyes. If only he could coach the basketball team too :grin: Looks like you are a transplanted Iowan? Living in Jacksonville? My wife has relatives that live there so I've been there a few times too!

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It's good to know you grew up in Iowa...

Most folks who live in Iowa, but aren't from there, are in the federal witness protection program.

And, yes, the Hawks will be very good this year... and that's from the same guy who said they wouldn't be that good last year.

5. swoop

swoop Founding Member

Got to agree here, do uptown and Jacquimo's for sure.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Then what are you doing in Gator Country!
    I'm going to report you now!
    W hasn't done his brother any favors either, the Florida borders seem to be
    as bad as the ones in Iowa!:hihi:

7. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I'm living in New Orleans. Well, actually, in Metairie since the storm. But I'm a volleyball player too, and I might stop by to see this happen. Also, if you wanna meet up, let me know. Always glad to hang with a fellow fan.

8. IATigerFan

Atreus21 - the Saturday thru Tuesday session will probably be the one that you would want to attend if you can make it. That's when the highest levels of volleyball will be played. The team that I play on is at the 'A' level which is a couple of levels below Olympic caliber but then again, we are coming for the fun :thumb: The schedule isn't out yet as to when teams play so I don't know if we will be playing in the afternoon or evening at this point. I would look forward to the opportunity to meet up with a fellow fan, I rarely meet any around here!

:geauxtige :champs:

9. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

LUCY'S RETIRED SURFERS BAR IS THE PALCE TO BE

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

You're one to talk Mr. Buffalo. :hihi: