What was Bradys reaction to the seed and postion in bracket?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by davilletiger, Mar 12, 2006.

1. davilletiger

davilletiger Freshman

This really upset me how we got screwed again. how did we end up as a 4 seed and yet Tenn. is a 2. then we get stuck playing Syr. and Duke? wow! what was Coach Bradys reaction to this?:angry:

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=247809

LSU HEAD COACH JOHN BRADY QUOTES

On what his team has accomplished and moving on to the NCAA Tournament...
    "Anytime you win the Southeastern Conference championship, it's a significant accomplishment. I'm proud of our players for the way they played, how they've improved and how well they've played together. There hadn't been a lot of Southeastern Conference championships won here in basketball at LSU, and we've been able to win two of them. This year was really special because of the type of people that we have on the team. I'm just really excited and happy for our players, but that part of our season is over. The mini three games in three days session in Atlanta is over and now a new season starts in way so to speak. That's the NCAA Tournament. We've still got some work to do in terms of getting our team as healthy as it needs to be, particularly Tyrus Thomas. If we can do that in the next two or three days -- get him some contact and get him running up and down the floor -- it will enhance our chances of not only winning the first game but winning several games in the tournament beginning Thursday."

On being a No. 4 seed and the status of Tyrus Thomas...
    "It doesn't matter -- a No. 3 or No. 4. It really wasn't a big issue with me. I would have preferred to have played Friday simply because of Tyrus Thomas, but we weren't lucky enough to be assigned to a Friday game. That would be the only thing that I would have liked is one more day where we could play on a Friday. We're playing Thursday, and Tyrus worked out today with Coach (John) Treloar and did a nice job. The biggest thing with Tyrus may be his conditioning as opposed to his ankle by game time on Thursday. We might just have to play Tyrus in short stretches. As opposed to playing 12 or 14 minutes straight, maybe he can just go five and take him out, let him rest and put him back in. The more he plays, the better he'll feel and the more comfortable he'll feel. We'll make more of a determination of that as the week goes on."

On playing No. 13 seed Iona...
    "I don't know anything about them. I'm sure being where they're located that usually those teams have good guards. They may not have the size or the athleticism, but teams at that mid level usually have good guard play. Anytime you have good guard play, you have a chance to have a very good basketball team."

On LSU's draw in the Atlanta region...
    "If you're going to go to a Final Four you've got to beat the No. 1 anyway unless you're the No. 1 seed. That just takes care of itself if we can win a game or two. The first game for us is the most important game and for me to look ahead, I don't think it would be prudent for me to do. We need to win the first game. Texas A&M and Syracuse are on the board and they're both quality teams or they wouldn't be in the tournament either. Our concentration and our focus needs to be on that first game. That's what we really need to do is to do everything we can to get healthy, learn as much as we can about Iona tonight and have a couple of good days of practice and play our best in our first game on Thursday."

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

And 'Bama...a 10 seed, possibly has an easier bracket than we do.... :dis:

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Brett... Lets get an IONA LOGO and get some focus on them.. One game at a time!!!!

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I don't know what his True reaction is, coach speak is all we'll ever see in the papers, But The Tigers have a tough road ahead of them. Honestly it is probably the worst placement possible for us.

Four seed hurts, especially in this bracket.

The good thing is there is almost no way we lose the first one, unless of course they all of the sudden become 3 point assasins over night. After that we will probably be seeing Cuse witht the way they have been playing.

We can play with them if we slow the game down and let TT and BB pound them down low.

After that no matter what happens, we had one hell of a season with a very young team.

6. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

looks like all the guys that were saying the sec tourny did not mean anything have yet again stuck the feet in the mouths. I cant believe how some of you homers were putting down the people that were saying Brady should try and win the sec tourny. winning it would have given tigers a #3 at least,mabe a #2 (Tenn) and a better bracket. P.S just cause someone puts down brady or any other coaches decision does not make them dumb asses or bad tiger fans. looking back now, I bet some of you wish brady would Have tried a little harder to win the tourny.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Tenn lost their first game of the tourney. It didn't hurt them...

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

They gave Tenn too much credit. The SEC reg season champs and the SEC tourney champs fall behind Tenn? That's just blasphamy...

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Brady was ecstatic that his team was even able to make the NCAAT despite him being a horrible coach.

10. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

You say JB didn't try to win the tourny, some of the others say the team gave up...either way, I think both of you are wrong. Do you honestly think that a Coach would go into that tournament NOT wanting to win or NOT having his players/teams best interest at heart? The team was tired and it showed in the last minutes of the game, it was apparent to most of us and you don't have to be an expert to figure that one out. I can't understand why we can't be happy for the accomplishments they have made this year. That's the problem society faces today, nothing is ever good enough. ;)