Military What was done is being undone...Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Jun 12, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I liked Chris Christie until he purposely had thousands of tax paying citizens Easter Sunday (no I'm not religious but it's a day to be spent with family) completely ruined in a vendetta against someone who opposed him. Plus he is anti weed so fuck him.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And 300 more "troops" to Iraq.....shocking.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, but it damn sure suggests that it is wrong and since you cannot seem to substantiate it any further, reasonable people will dismiss it. It has been challenged and found lacking.

4. red55

Guard against unwarranted hysteria about ISIS and their new "caliphate". First of all what have they got? A landlocked desert surrounded by hostile countries devoid of much oil and arable land. These were the parts of Syria and Iraq that were largely uninhabited. Without oil income and seaports, they have a economy that is based only on taxation of impoverished subjects and stealing from their neighbors who will be very displeased with them.

Now they have ordered, ordered mind you, that all Arabs must now drop their tribal and national allegiances and swear fealty to the new Caliph. So now they can't even count on the Sunni tribes to support them. The idea that Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain or any other arabs state is going to continue to support a group trying to destabilize their hold on government is ludicrous.

The Iragi Shia and the Kurds are holding their own. So is the Syrian government for that matter. The Islamic State will jihad itself to death in a land with scant resources in short order.

These guys are dreaming. They have so many local problems to overcome that they may never be able to mount an operation against the USA.

What "safe harbor" to plan and execute terror against the United States? If the mountains of distant Afghanistan and Pakistan are no shield from US military action, what harbor is there in the middle of the Levant? We have allies and bases all around them. They cannot simply operate like Al Qaeda once did in Afghanistan. It ain't . . . gonna . . . happen.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

To anyone predisposed to think it was wrong in the first place, sure. I'm sure many on this board will agree with you. Many more, such as myself, believe it to be correct. Our beliefs color our acceptance or rejection of facts. And I don't see why I should have to substantiate any further when you haven't debunked at all. I declare myself the winner, and since you have often said debate is a blood sport, I now await your ceremonially falling on your sword.:D

6. red55

If you mean people predisposed to consider evidence over hearsay, then yes.

You may declare yourself French toast if you wish, but no one will be having you for breakfast. :cool:

7. mctiger

You've presented no evidence.

Not sure how to react to that.

8. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

To your point: http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/i...onal-medias-cozy-ties-to-the-white-house.html

9. red55

I didn't make the statement that was challenged.

10. mctiger

Again, I made a statement and provided 2 sources. You may reject the source, but you still haven't refuted the allegation. You also offer nothing to the contrary, other than your scorn for the source.

Give it up; you ain't convincing me, and I ain't convincing you.