Military What was done is being undone...Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Jun 12, 2014.

1. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

You're right. Never said it was worthy. There is nothing in the world to fight for.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Exaggerating my position in an effort to make it easier to attack is the option for mental midgets. Try harder or fall on your sword.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The British tried this in the 19th century. It didn't work. But it did bring cricket to India.

uscvball and HalloweenRun like this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Played a little cricket when I was stationed in England. The best deal was the girls that cricket players attracted. Fine. Cricket was once called "organized loafing." Perhaps why it is so special.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've never seen any cricket groupies but I'll take the girls that NASCAR drivers attract any day

HalloweenRun and shane0911 like this.
  6. MLUTiger

Just a quick point: The Shi'ites are running the country and for the most part are not radicalized. The Sunnis are the ones causing problems right now which is why the Iranians are going to be helpful to Maliki. They would prefer a Shi'ite-run government.

I'd like to point out that we didn't create this current problem. When Petraus led "the surge" a big part of that was getting the Sunnis involved in the government. When US forces left, Maliki began to renege on the agreements that were made and this evolved in to full blown persecution of the Sunnis. Maliki has created this situation despite being given direction on how to avoid it and a clean slate in 2003. As far as I'm concerned, this is no longer an American mess. This isn't Bush's fault; This isn't Obama's fault. This is Maliki's fault.

The number one priority for Iraqi citizens was the removal of US Troops. There was no way that Maliki could have (or would have) signed an agreement that left US Troops in Iraq. It was simply not even on the table. We spent billions in rebuilding his country, training his troops, etc. and he pissed it all away. He used Iraqi forces as his own police force to persecute Sunnis, their forces were never professionalized so they have no moral and very little respect in the community. None of them have any pride in themselves or their fellow soldiers. They're more concerned with religious affiliation than national affiliation.

US air support will change nothing. Let them fight it out and then we can play nice with whomever comes out on top. Even the Kurds are staying out of this.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

told ya

MLUTiger and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. MLUTiger

shane0911 and LSUDad like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you are predictable and your responses are pathetic on this matter. I'll concede a many of Obamas mistakes, but this isnt one of them.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Waste of Lives and Money. What a shame.