What week is it?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGTiger, Nov 3, 2010.

1. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Does it NOT feel like Bama week to anyone else? Does anyone else look forward to Saturday's just for an excuse to be able to get absolutely destroyed and walk around campus?

I just read LSUsports.net's article about LSU "preparing for Alabama." Les Miles said the same quotes that he does every week about the "want" to pass the ball and "we want to throw it and catch it" crap.

Same thing every week. Les Miles feeds the fans want they want to hear and the offense doesn't produce on Saturday's. LSU will be in the ball game until the fourth quarter, like at Auburn, and our lack of coaching will cause us to lose the game.

Finishing with a 10-2 record would be great, no doubt there, but the fact that Miles has been at LSU longer than Gene Chizik at Auburn and Saban at Bama and the fact that he recruits as well as them but yet both of those coaches have made their mediocre programs they took over into "damn strong football teams" is what has LSU fans scratching their heads. LSU has the talent, let's hope the players can win another one to save the coaching staff... again.

LSU is 7-1 this year and their most quality win is at home against Mississippi State. Miles is lucky that the SEC is down this year and that we aren't like Arkansas who had to play both Auburn and Alabama earlier in the year. Otherwise we would have two losses right now and be ranked #20-25.

I'm sorry, but I've never had this feeling about a big game before.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am just glad the players don't feel that way.

3. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

I hope not man. I'm not saying I am right, I just hate that I am feeling this way. It's like when you first realize that the girl you've been dating for 4 years isn't the one and now you are too old to find a girl without 3 kids.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

It's just pregame jitters bro, you'll feel better after the game.
    I was stoked to be heading down to BR this saturday (had the tickets for several months), but then had my hopes crushed when the Ortho scheduled my reconstructive shoulder surgery for this Friday afternoon. So now i'm relegated to watching it in my living room all doped up, and unfortunately prolly won't remember it. Be sure to drink a few for me while you're hitting up the tailgates.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

NO NO NO! you have to take control and make sure they have priorities straight. surgery gets scheduled around lsu football and baseball! it never comes before having tix. trust me i know what im talkin about.

i hope you feel better soon. i dont remember the auburn game. oh, and get a nerve block on top of the anesthesia. those first 24-48 hours will be a lot better!

1 person likes this.
  6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Thx for the well wishes.

I know what ya mean, I was kinda pissed to say the least that he scheduled my procedure for tomorrow but the dood only works on fridays. I had a few tickets through a friends family who all have season ticket packages, but they left this morning to get down there and get all set up, and here I sit.
    Imo the painkillers would've just added to the enjoyment or at minimum help with memory loss in case the unexplainable happens, but don't worry i'll never be put into this predicament again. LOL. Just be sure to toss a few Bama fans, and eat and drink till ya can't stand up for me. I'll be down there in spirit. :geauxtige

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I understand kind of where you are coimng from, but this is still the biggest week of the season TO ME. - I agree on us sticking around until the forth, I agree we will fight tooth & nail to win this ball game. I also believe our OC will lead us staright into a wall as he does every other week. And yes you can praise Saban for what he has done at Bama the Last 3 Seasons, but phuck Chizik, that dude hasnt done sh!t. The ONLY reason that Auburn does not have 3 losses including 1 to LSU is CAM NEWTON. Thats it, end of story, when Cam Newton leaves Auburn goes back to a 4 loss team.

Now if you want to give a coach some credit, Dan Mullen of Miss St. That guy is a stud!

Watch some of the hightlight tapes, those will you pumped back up.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Seems to me you are already counting this weekend in a certain column. Let them play the game first, jeez.