What will Coach do?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jimbeaux, Sep 21, 2006.

1. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

After a tough loss last week, does Coach run up the score on Tulane or does he play conservatively and let MF and RP get some downs like he did in the 1st two games?

2. Billy_C

Billy_C Freshman

Why not both? Inserting our backup QB's shouldn't signal we're going into a conservative shell. I would like to see 70-0. But will that wash the B.S. smell of last week away? No, that comes Oct 5th in the Swamp. I expect LSU to be in a foul mood this Saturday.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

He's going to pound a mudhole in their collective arses, then walk them dry and RP will play the entire 4th... Here's why:

I had a vision in my sleep last night that about mid-way through the 2nd quarter JR will have an Auburn flashback and freak out, at which point he zeros in on the Auburn player... ur uh... I mean ref... and unleashes a rocket that would make Brett Favre cry like a schoolgirl. The ref becomes the first man in history to be decapitated by a football. At that point the Louisiana state police come on the field to nab him, but after they cuff him they change their mind at the last second and say there was actually no crime committed. :) .. HEY... It could happen.. or not.

I do expect to see RP get a lil taste... Miles has said he'd have liked to get him in earlier against ULL and Az. I think if I were Miles, I'd let JR and the gang rip them to pieces for 2 quarters, then put Flynn in for the 3rd and let RP have the 4th.

So to answer your question, I suppose a simple "yes" to both scenarios would suffice.

4. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

NO WAY.....This is too wierd...I had the SAME vision this morning>

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I don't think the coach runs up the score. He calls plays to see how his team will do in a particular situation. If the inability of the other teams allows a score, then so be it. The films will show flaws that need to be addressed for practice. LSU should still put points on the board when MF and RP get in the game. Our depth should still be better than TU's. The game isn't over if you score to many points.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

If our oline doesn't learn how to run block by Saturday, it will be a much lower score than we are expecting. I have a feeling with the crappy performance last week and all the talk this week that we are going to see about 40 running plays this week.

7. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

Here's my question: Is that point spread worth taking (like 33 1/2)? Will Coach put these qurterback on the field so they can get the snaps, but solely rely on the running so no one gets hurt.

Nobody wants to see RP give the ball off 20 times. I would like to see some bootlegs and draws. This better not be one of those games that we go up 4 TD, and then treat it like a spring practice. It seems that is all I have been hearing from Les. "You'll see more younger guys"

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

He won't deliberately run up the score, but he will use a lot of reserves in the second half, and he certainly won't tell them to hold back. I suspect his play calling will get a little conservative by the 4th quarter.

9. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I would love to see a lot of scoring, but I would rather see our starters free from injury. (Hopefully both happens) If LSU goes up by 4 scores, I would like to see the starters leave the field.

I know LSU had a hard week with the AUB loss, but the season shapes up great to get a bunch of experience for the younger players which will hopefully pay big dividends in future seasons.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

Does an Offensive-minded OAF for a Head Coach play conservatively with the fastest team in America ... undermining their abilities and NEVER allowing them to reach their potential?

You bet your sweet arse!

Run, MAC, Run ... See MAC ... ahamammm LES run ... Run, LESS, Run ... See Les Run ... Third and long ... See LESS pass ... Repeat Refraim