What will Coach do?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jimbeaux, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

I imagine Jimbo in these "gameplan" meetings with LESS THE MAGNIFICENT ... JUST SMILING TO HIMSELF BIDING HIS TIME WAITING FOR A HC JOB OPENING

Jimbo: Yeah, Les ... we'll do it like that ... Like BO did up at Michigan ... yeah, that's the ticket.

Less: Yeah, we gotta get this running game "on track" Jimbo ... On track this Saturday against that tough Green Wave outfit. See, BO always said "Live and die" by the run. We can't pass every down, Jimbo. You know that. And at Dallas ... you know, Jimbo ...

Jimbo: Walks out of Less' office while he's still talking to himself and you can hear the Dallas Cowboy diatribe continue to spew (Like Seinfeld's George Costanza walking out on Steinbrenner when he gets going)

WHAT'S A THREE LETTER WORD FOR MILES FB COACHING PHILOSOPHY?

OAF

2. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

The coaches better give KW and CS a lot of playing time because they will be needed if the AB and JV and the OLine don't perform. AB is great if he has a hole and can get north and south, but when the holes aren't there and he has to go east-west then he isn't that effective. So against UF and UT I think the holes will not be there all the time and the ball will have to be put in the hands of KW or CS.

I see these guys getting a lot of playing time this week and next week.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les will post 30 on Tulane in the first half, then play the subs and rest his starters. 62-0 would be sweet, but I expect something like 45-3.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it's a long season w/plenty of big games on the horizion. i expect CLM to play his starters long enough (1st half?) to stay sharp and then give the reserves game experience.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The 1st team OL may play into the 3Q to allow MF to play behind the starters. I would expect to see CS getting reps as early as the 2Q, with both CS and KW getting lots of carries in the 2nd Half. I really would like to see what KW can do with the 1st team OL, before Tulane gets too banged up. Since we were always "1 block away" from breaking a long one, lets see what happens. I did hear that Brian Johnson is "nicked" pretty good, and that Big Herm may get the start. That would be where I would run the ball. Behind the biggest human ever to put on a uniform for LSU.

Miles may even go deeper into the bench, depending on who he wants to play. The biggest question in my mind is whether he takes the shirt off Richard Murphy? With Antonio Robinson gone, we may need to keep the RS on Murphy for depth. I haven't heard that RJ Jackson is fully recovered yet. He may get some reps later in the year, but I guess RJ will need lots of Special Teams action to make his mark.

6. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I say we run the same 4th and 8 play to doucet just to get it out of our system, thenplay our game. the tulane has a better record vs. the SEC than we do at this point in the year so we have to make a statement!!:wink:

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Well, its no secret that we intend to "establish the run" against an inferior team. So why not go play action on the first play from scrimmage, and throw the deep out to Lafell to set the rhythm for the game. Isn't it Miles' intention to keep the other team guessing? Then we can bludgeon their DL to death.