What will Les Miles do?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 8, 2009.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

When Les looks at the tape of this game and he sees Patrick Peterson's interception, what's he gonna do?

Do you think Miles will take the high road Monday at his presser?

Do you think Miles will go off?

Or do you think Joe Alleva or the Sports Information Director will take a stab at it hoping to keep CLM free from fine and/or suspension?

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les doesn't have to say anything publicly. He will file an official complain through official channels and be ignored by the SEC. But the uproar over this in the national media is loud and persistent and will be making Slive's seat hotter and hotter. Soon he will have to address his referee problems properly or the SEC presidents will address their Commissioner problem.

3. stroprock

stroprock Freshman

Look, we all know that just a few calls in a close game can make the difference. The officials have the replay. Because of all the problems surrounding them, it is there way of showing they can control the outcome. The SEC wanted Florida and Alabama in the Championship and they made sure of it. Its just a shame that they can't let it be decided by the players. :angryfire

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yes

no. and i dont think its about fines. 30-50k would be nothing when you think of his salary. i was thinking about it last night, and i think slive might make an example of the next coach to complain by suspending the coach. i think that same thought would be enough to keep miles quiet.

i hope but im not gonna hold my breath.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

red, i have been screaming this for a week now. what pushed me over the edge was the fines and suspensions. slive has got to go. to me, there are no ifs, ands, or buts. even if there is no "conspiracy", slive is acting like hitler at this point. all of his actions are hurting the integrity of the sec.

i hope there are some ad's discussing things in private and plotting slives ouster. seriously.

6. red55

I don't think it's a conspiracy and it's probably a lot simpler that that. I think perhaps the replay officials shouldn't be former SEC field officials. The replay official at Bama was a long-time field official in the SEC and I think he finds it difficult to reverse fellow referees calls.

7. red55

Then everybody should be writing to the presidents of the SEC universities and pointing out how bad this is for the SEC and their school. The presidents are the ones who can toss Slive. Usually they are very hands-off and the SEC commissioner can do pretty much as he pleases.

But the time has come.

8. Uptown Tide Fan

Uptown Tide Fan Freshman

let's assume the call was overturned as many on this board seem to suggest as the proper outcome.

now let's turn to what would have followed that............

Jarrett Lee would have taken the field.

can the discussion on this call now end? It's meaningless and would have yielded an identical outcome.

9. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

You may be correct. However, we'll never know what would have happened. There was 5 minutes left in the game and we could run or pass. The score was 21-15 at that point.

The replay idiot took the "opportunity" away from our team.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

10. red55

It can end right now for you. You can comment on the call without disrespecting an LSU player.