What will the next Ole Miss Mascot be??

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bud Lee, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I was making a joke. I think the redoing the mascot is stupid. I liked the old rebel.

However that is the reason they are getting rid of him, because some people think it is racist.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I KNOW....WAS JUST JACKING WITH YOU....

LET'S SEE-----

1) the admin do not want Dixie played now
    2) the ole time waving of the Confererate flag has been stopped (due to the hazard of all those sticks that might injure someone. But the blue OM is ok.) I can understand this though.
    3) the harmless, often comical, Col Reb just had to go too. I used to enjoy watching him try to run and even kick field goals while wearing those huge clown shoes. BTW...this Col came about because of an old blind black man who was a favorite fan of the Rebs. Used to go to the games, many years ago, and pull for his Rebs. He had the grey hair and walked with a cane too.

Might not happen in my lifetime, but sooner or later the name Rebels will be gone too. I really don't care anymore....,.dress the dude up in hot pink and give him an all day sucker for all I care. "Hotty Toddy---like my body?":hihi:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The will be coming for the Kappa Alpha's next.

4. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Already did, I am a KA Alumni.......Cant secede from the university anymore.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

What will the next Ole Miss Mascot be?
    Gay.. I'm going with Gay...

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I'm afraid that's where it will end up. Because as long as the mascot is "Rebels" you simply cannot completely divorce from or scrub over the association with the Confederate secession and the Civil War. You can ban the rebel battle flag from campus, you can ban "Dixie" from ever being played, you can toss Colonel Reb, you can even make blue the dominant color of your school's color scheme, but as long as you still are the "Rebels" the connection and the association remains. Trust me, when people think "Ole Miss Rebels" even 50 years from now, they ain't thinkin' about James Dean.

BTW, heard the Ole Miss marching band playing "Dixie" during the Ole Miss/Kentucky game last week. Must've snuck that in there while the President and his PC Police were off gladhanding with rich boosters in the Grove, or sumthin'. :hihi:

I vote for "Hotty Toddy" myself. He kinda looks like Super Hugo from the Hornets games (only in Ole Miss colors). Will he jump through a burning hoop at the basketball games?

[​IMG]

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

:eek:

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The fukken bear won.

Thread closed.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

If we are going to be "politically correct", then let's do it the whole way.....

IT IS THE FUKKEN BLACK BEARS..............

1 person likes this.
  10. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I was told the Hottie Toddy won...