What will you be watching during the Spring Game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Apr 23, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Personally?

1.) Ronnie Prude and the other defensive backs. I really want to see if he's improved as much as I think he has. I really do believe this kid is going to be a star before the next two seasons are done.

2.) The Quarterbacks...Nuff said.

3.) The new defensive lineman...

What about the rest of you?

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

#1 Quarterbacks

#2 Wide Recievers

#3 CB & DL

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'll add these to the list.

1. The offensive line. Now that Livings is at his natural tackle position, how does he look? How do the two new starters look at their positions. How deep are we on the OL? This line will have to be a good run-blocking team this year as I think our running game will carry the load until the QB/WR chemistry and timing develops, which will take a while.

2.The kickers. One of our field goal kickers must develop some consistancy this year and be almost automatic inside of 40 yards. We also need a regular kickoff into the end zone. The new punter got some impressive yardage in the scrimmage, but reportedly lines them with no hang time. Such punts give up big returns. I will be watching the kickers.

3. The fullback. The FB under Nick is not a running back, but a small, quick guard that lines up in the backfield. The fullback did not get one carry last year that I remember. Often Nick lines up a TE at FB for even more blocking power. I keep looking for that fullback that can block like Nick wants, but also carry the ball 4 or 5 times a game to keep the defense honest. I'd love to see an old-time, smash-mouth fullback who is always good for one yard when you really need it.

4. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

i.e. tommy banks???

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

The cheerleaders and golden girls...if I get a chance I'll watch the QBs and the defensive front 7.

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I want to see if the offensive line can approach the success that last years team had toward the end of the year. I'm also curious about the QB's but am worried about the WR's. Defense will be fine.

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i'll be watching everything over and over because im recording the thing.

8. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

it doesn't matter,

craig nall beat josh booty in the spring game and that didn't mean squat

9. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

I will be watching other fans and listening to their comments. I can't wait for someone to drop a pass or fumble the ball so I can hear some of our "fans" scream "FIRE SABAN, HE SUCKS". Think about it.... most people hate Brady and Smoke.. and call for their heads every time the teams don't win it all. It's not too soon to beat all the future Saban-bashers to the punch. Heaven help us when we lose our 1st game.. and all the bandwagonners who jumped back on in time for the National Championship run jump right back to where they came from : being miserable :cry: