What would be your dream job?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by JohnLSU, Apr 8, 2008.

1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Back off my job woman!!! I already sent my resume in!!!

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I have a great deal of respect for the test pilot guys, my idol in that field is Chuck Yeager. He ain't no crash dummy (at least the way fortune played out in his life).

But yes, back when I was young, back when I dreamed of being an American military attack pilot, I did want to be an attack dummy, I found the idea of being blown out of the sky on a serious combat mission in favor of the U.S. to be the most honorable way to die. Granted, I would have made that clear to any girl who wanted to marry me before we got too serious, and her picture would have been right there with me in my cockpit.

1 person likes this.
  3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

An American Fortune 500 company.

I don't know that it is admiral, as they are often not respected & the general public believes that they are overpaid. But I want the challenge and know I would thrive.

BOD members are generally CEO's of other companies or former CEO's. I aspire to be a board member of companies other than my own as well.

I use to want to be the President, but I'm not sure I could deal with the BS that comes along with it. I haven't ruled out Louisiana Governor.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

aim higher. take mike hampton's.

then he could fire them.

ryan perrilloux's lead attorney.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Well, I do personally have a problem with CEOs being "overpaid." If you love what you are doing, then living a life of material luxury shouldn't be something that you worry about. In the CEO world, my idol is Warren Buffet. The guy choose to live a middle class lifestyle in Omaha, NE despite being one of the the two richest people in the U.S. I don't know the kind of life he lives now, but I know he lived in a middle-class house and drove a middle-class car well into his emergence as one of the richest people it the world. In fact, that's part of his whole theory. To Buffet, it is dumb to blow money on stuff like luxury cars and luxury houses, when he knows there are better ways to invest your money that actually make you richer in the financial picture.

Point is, their are good CEOs and bad CEOs. The guys that do it for the love of the game are the good guys, like Buffet. The guys just doing it for secondary factors -- money, fame, power, etc... are the bad guys. Of course their are all kinds of gray areas in between.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

You would NEVER be without SOMETHING to do.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I just want to be the FNG!

Dream Job...Run a vacation charter boat, Corporate/ Private all inclusive with a brass pole. :yelwink2:

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

What's "wrong" about LSU tailgating now?

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Oh, I see, you don't see anything "wrong," you just want to keep making it better.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yea, that's a tough one. Some things that people think they would love starts to get boring when they actually have to do it for a living. It's like the whole 'be careful what you wish for' thing.

But, I still believe that if somebody finds something that they truly love, it will be something that they will always love, regardless of fame or riches or power, etc. It's all about the love of the game. To me, those people that find true happiness just happen to find one of those "games" that they love giving their life to in a very sincere way.