What would have happened?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, May 22, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would be very interested to see what all the Bush Bashers think what would have happened in the events following 9-11 if Al Gore had been the president. Gore would have been our Commander-in-Chief and would have had access to the same sources of classified information that Bush had. Would a Gore Administration attack on Afghanistan have killed or captured Osama Bin Laden? Would Gore have attacked Iraq without UN approval? If he did would we be sure that Saddam was dead?
    Would American forces under Gore have found conclusive proof of WMDs by now?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Gore would have probably wanted an attack but would have likely waited on UN Approvel. I also think the opposing sides here make it a point to disagree and cause trouble cause their party isnt in power. We'd be seeing the same bickering and absurdity no matter if Gore or Bush were pres. I am a solid right winger but I am not stupid. There are plenty on both sides they play party politics and just go along with their party. Everyone needs to do a gut check and examine themselves without regard to party. Then you will see your true convictions.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't believe that Gore would have focused any attack on Saudi Arabia He wouldn't have dared to offend our Saudi "friends"
    While I would hope that Gore would have had the guts to do what had to be done (He would have had to do something after 9-11, even Clinton, the worlds greatest procrastinator would have had to react after we were attacked on our own soil?) I think that Gore would still be waiting for UN approval for any action in Iraq. It may or may not be true that we could have had UN approval 2 years ago. I don't think so because 2 years ago the situation with Iraq had not "come to a head" at that time.

The Democrats are pointing their fingers and wagging their tounges because no WMDs have been conclusively proven in the aftermath of the war. Do you actually believe that Saddam Hussein had nothing to hide? If he had no WMDs why didn't he throw the doors open and fully cooperate with the UN Inspectors? If he and done that and they had found nothing there would still have been no war and Saddam would still be in power. So why wouldn't he have done it? Saddam might be crazy but he is not stupid.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Gore would still be awaiting UN approval to go after BIN LADEN!

5. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Either that he would have written a nice, stern letter to Mr. Bin Laden requesting that he apologize and turn himself in to the proper authorities.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And Bin Laden would write back to Gore saying he and his attorney Mark Geragos were hot on the trail of the real killers, a cult of Satanic Golfers led by O.J. Simpson