What would it take for you to bench Mauck?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SouthLink02, Aug 1, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Of course, I was being facetious with my first post. Although I'm very much looking forward to seeing Russell and/or Flynn, I DO NOT WANT A QB CONTROVERSY!!! I can just see one of those young guys coming in, performing well and having the fans calling for the young stud. They'll start to grumble or, worse, boo when Mauck struggles just a bit. I don't want to see this happen, and I hope that everyone is solidly behind Mauck, even if he doesn't look like the second coming of Danny Wuerffel (as a college QB). Mauck is our horse; let's ride him as far as he'll take us.

2. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Our best case this year is a healthy Mauck starts the whole season with one of the freshman getting some structured playing time as a backup. Randall should cross train as a slot back and be the #3 QB. If Randall is #2 then the chances of either freshman getting quality time is low. Randall is not the QB of the future.

The old Tommy Hodson/Micky Guidry scheduled playing time could be modified and work well for us.

2003 looks like a lot of fun.

3. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

So has anybody seen JaMarcus work out?

If he put on some weight, would he look like Rohan the Barbarian's little brother?

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Mauck will be the starter at the end of the year. But, what will it take for the fans to start calling for another Qb?

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Now to be honest,

alot of fans and media jump on the Mauck bandwagon and none on Randall's. I don't have a preference who ever plays better should play. But, I don't see it as any "slam dunk" Mauck is the QB. Yes, Saban sounded yesterday as though he was the penciled in starter coming out of spring. But based on actually game experience, and the spring game, to me it's still up in the air. I don't think one is clearly better than the other.

As for the frosh, unless one of them is absolutely incredible, one should get some mop up duty through the season and the other should RS. Brings another issue up, everyone on the JR bandwagon and none on Flynn's. I heard talk here in BR that in the summer workouts Flynn looked better. Again I don't care which turns out good just as long as atleast one does.

6. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

If Mauck consistently shows the brass cajones that he had in the Florida game, there should be absolutely no talk of a QB controversy. I really think he hit his stride in that game, and I think we would have won eleven games if he'd stayed healthy.

Having said that, I hope hope hope he stays healthy.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Randell is a good enough athlete to be on the LSU team but he just isn't the QB of the future. If he wants to play QB regularly, he doesn't need to be at LSU. If he is willing to play in another position like slot back I say work with him. He also better be holding kicks this fall, we need a threat for fake FG and in case of bad snaps.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If we could make a trade for Brett Fahve. He even made a winner out of Curley Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Hallman

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He's a PLAYMAKER!

10. profneo

profneo Founding Member

Well...If most LSU fans got their way, it would take an act of Congress.