What would you do to Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Apr 5, 2006.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

For your visual pleasure... Look at the south endzone on the right. See how it's more "squared" in relation to the field....

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Someone mentioned the visitors locker room...it is pink... :D

One day soon the lower bowl will have to be torn down and a new one built. It's just too old to try and fix and that is one reason why they won't renovate the old dorms. Look for some of that to happen within the next 5-10 years. I've been able to go alot of places in there that most people can't and believe me it is in a pretty sorry state in places. They have attempted to cover some of the visual aspects with paint and some cleaning but there is just too much structural problems to really worry about doing too much. I do hope that when the lower bowl is reconstructed they will incorporate all of the design of the Colesium look into it again. To me that is the thing that sets it off from any other stadium in the country.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Not so much the reason for the existance as it was the way to get it funded. The only way Long could get federal aide was if it was going to student housing. Since he wanted LSU to have one of the better stadiums in the country, he incorporated student housing into it so that Uncle Sam would help foot the bill. Sneaky bastard:hihi: .

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Did anyone else think, "Those words don't belong together!"? :lol:

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Where's a Huey Long type now when we need him?!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yep.

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TigerKid05
    (Miss. State quality)

I know it sounds strange but, MSU has one of the top turf managment programs in the country. their field is the only natural turf with no crown (completely level) in the country.

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I guess a school nicknamed "Moo U" should know how to grow some great pastures. :rofl:

9. fatliltiger

fatliltiger Freshman

POSITIVELY THE RESTROOMS. The ladies rooms are a disgrace, and I bet all the others are sad as well. No reason for this in a school of LSU's prominance.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Close in the North Endzone and ALLOW EVERY SINGLE STUDENT THE CHANCE to go to games all 4 years.

I dont know about the pressure washing thing though its so old it might start to crumble. J/K

Restrooms have got to be done, it was a bitch trying to get in there on crutches.

Gotta bring back the Welcome to Death Valley.

A New field would be great to go along with the new faster college football being played nowadays. Gone are the days of the games being won or lost in the trenches.