What would you do to Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Apr 5, 2006.

1. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I like the idea of enclosing the south endzone. Make Tiger stadium just a ridiculously loud, downright great place to watch football. I also like the idea of getting the "Welcome to Death Valley" sign back.

I really dislike the idea of modifiying the old dorm rooms. If you modernize them then I feel it would take away from Tiger Stadiums "old world" and "collesium" appearance.

2. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

I think the problem with closing in the North endzone would be the ramps for the PMAC and Mike's new habitat. Also, you'd probably obscure the greatest looking facade on a college football stadium.

If they do replace the lower bowl, I will never be totally happy unless it seats the same if not more people, keeps to the old look as much as possible, and is as conducive to crowd noise as the current design.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

what if they gutted all of the south stadium dorms and turn it into an indoor habitat for mike with an outdoor habitat connected to it. then, a 8 foot chain-linked fence would run on the edge of the indoor habitat to the visiters locker room. that would be the only way into that locker room so the visiting team would have to confrontmike to get in. i would donate for that.:geauxtige

4. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I agree. It would basically have to be the exact same, just newer and with more bells and whistles underneath.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I would strap Pete Carroll to the goalpost in the north endzone for the LSU-Auburn game, so he can see what REAL football looks like.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I thought it was because you wanted Auburn's kicker to bounce another FG off the posts--hitting Petey in the noggin'?

7. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Gameday suites on the north end would sell like crazy. Can you imagine being able to get a suite that looked out over stadium drive that had a balcony to get out there when the band marched down the hill. And for that matter... anyone think that beads would be at a premium coming down from those balconies?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Balconies are not part of the plan, it seems. In fact the windows would be replaced with non-opening windows to preserve the A/C and also specifically to keep drunks from throwing things onto the crowd or falling out of windows.

9. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Who is in charge of what is done for stuff like this?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think the newpaper article I read said the gameday "tailgaiting" rooms were a TAF project, but I'm not sure. If LSU, it would either be the Athletic Department or Facility Services, probably.