What would you do to Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Apr 5, 2006.

1. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

red55, you seem to be well informed or possibly taking us all for a ride.. Don't worry I believe the former to be true. Anyway, do you have some inside track to all this info and possible plans for TS or do you just happen to find all the little articles that most of us have missed?

also, anyone know the reason why the south endzone is more squared off than the north? Is that what current stadiums do for line of sight or is there some other reason? I kinda wish it was identical to the north.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I read the daily campus newspaper as well as the Baton Rouge paper every day. I rarely miss anything concerning LSU. Also I work on campus where the grapevine is huge and effective. After a couple of decades you end up with a network of friends in practically every college and department on campus. The only real inside track I have is a woman in my office who is in an exercise class with two coaches wives. The wives know everything . . . and they gossip.

And sometimes I just email Herb Vincent in the athetic department with a question. He's the sports information guy and he's friendly, not evasive, and always returns my emails.

Just a difference in stadium design philosphy in the 17 years between the construction of the north end (1936) and the south (1953). They went to a more modern look with two decks that seated more people. The south endzone is far superior to the sidelines and north endzone in spectator comfort with wider and better lit ramps and concourse areas. Seats are also closer to the field than the north end zone.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

You know the coliseum look for the stadium would fit well with the Italian style architecture that makes most of campus. A mini Rome you could say.

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Not really important, but i think it would be awesome to have a couple of HD Jumbotrons in the stadium next year. Not as big as the one at UT or Auburn, but one to fit in our current scoreboards
    [​IMG]

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I think it would be a tremendous improvement if they would make a private gate, private escalator, private bathroom, and private concession stand for section 214, row 25, seat #s 24 and 25.