What would you rate our recuits?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by j0nathanr0y, Mar 11, 2004.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Guys,
    You are getting too caught up in five-star ratings. Brock Berlin was a can't miss five star player. But more importnatly, it is the quality of coaches and their ability to teach technique and development. Also, it depends on what kind of work ethic these players have to improve and get stronger. I'd like to point out that Corey Webster was not even on Dinardo's board before he got axed and Saban hired. Saban got a list of all the players in LA, and found Caorey and convinced him to come to LSU. Corey was not even a 3-star WR(I could be wrong, don't know for sure).

1 person likes this.
  2. edyel

edyel edyel

Hotdog,you are so right. Also a kid won't get ranked if he isn't seen by the scouts. I'll put the kids from a small rural HS against the megalopolis of a Southern California(for example) any day. The small town environment usually produces a football player who is more team oriented and coachable. With the right coaching a player can go on to be one of the biggest stars in the NFL.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Agreed. Recruiting Rankings are for the fans though. We all know that Coach recognizes talent better than anyone, but rankings are another thing to root for. Thats all. The "trust in Saban, he knows best" stuff comes up all the time. We all know this, we are all die hard, or we wouldnt spend so much time on a LSU message board. Just let us root for Recruiting titles and High ranked players, its FUN. We will leave the actual talent evaluation and Coaching to Coach Saban and his staff.:lsup: :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's true ConradJ. Anf guys beoeive me when I tell you everyone, including Nick would have taken Berlin out of HS. Sometimes they just don't work out, like at least half the time. Most of the great recruits Nick has taken in the last 2 years won't have a great impact at LSU as most will be beaten out, it's the nature of the game.

1 person likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Lyle Hitt--good
    Darry Beckwith-excellent
    Clarence Ward -bust?
    Chris Hawkins --bust?
    Antonio Robinson--bust?

interesting

Chris Keys--bust?
    Steve Korte--bust?

i believe you now.