Whatever happened to the Cookieman?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 26, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It was Ronnie Henderson...and yea, that would have been a Final Four duo there. Ronnie could shoot the lights out, and Livingston was among the best in the country, before the injuries. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Yeah, I knew it was Ronnie ... pretty funny pointing out the post I was responding to misstated Derrick Taylor for Darryl Taylor, then I misstate Ronnie Henderson for Rickey Henderson (wonder if he's going to play this year, what is he, 45 y.o.? First ballot Hall of Famer IMO.)

Dale put all his eggs in the Livingston-Henderson basket. Randy blew his knee out, and that basically signaled the end of the Dale Brown era. Randy would have made winners out of the limited other talent Dale had recruited, which was largely JUCO leftovers. W/o Randy, they were what they were ... JUCO leftovers. Dale was one of a kind however and lifted LSU basketball to previously unknown heights. Something should be done to honor Brown --- Maravich/Brown Assembly Center?

3. TigerLicks

TigerLicks Founding Member

When I was in school they had a JV team a friend of mine played on. He asked for a ride to the Assembly Center because it was pouring rain. I dropped him off right outside the practice gym inside the arena. As I was getting ready to back off this big guy comes running up to my car and knocks on the window and asks for a ride to the Athletic Dorm. It was Howard Carter. He barely fit in my Mustang. He said, "Hi I'm Howard." I said "I know." Really nice guy and very humble.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Gogirl80. Your info is pretty much right on. Mitchell was the "other" forward in '81

5. jimuremovich

jimuremovich Freshman

unfortunately the cokkie man is no longer with us he passed on about 5 years ago. I lived with him in Broussrd hall Yes there was smoke there

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

When is this site coming back up?

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Looks like we've got one thread. We can just post everything here.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I'm having withdrawals. I've actually considered going to that "other" place.

So much to talk about and no vents. Parcells, Rooney rule, spring game, pro day.

Made some boudin for the first time yesterday and cooked it in the smoker, turned out pretty good.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I was going to start a thread on this:

Michael Winslow is insanely talented (check out the reaction of the host of the show):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcCC2g1Ke0]Michael Winslow - Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin (Senkveld med Thomas og Harald) - YouTube[/ame]

10. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Working on creating an entirely new forum as we speak guys. Keep the faith.