Whatever happened to the Cookieman?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 26, 2005.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I remember back then, a black fraternity or group of friends sat way up in the last row and during a game when LSU was winning they began chanting the "who dat" chant. That was the first time I ever heard that chant. I read where it began at a South Louisiana high school cheer...Franklin maybe?

Either way, the NFL does not own that phrase.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Dude, if it's true, your last statements make you sound petty. Wish jail on him for his misdeeds, but to be happy he's dead, saying that puts to rest your painful misery says something about you too. Painfull death doesn't equal stealing and lost money, due to having to rent an apartment.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I don't think anything positive can come from reveling in another person's misery. Such negative emotion, well, It eats away at you which only takes away from yourself.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I was going to wonder how long before someone told this. RIP Cookie Man.

What some people don't know is how Cookie made it to LSU. Dale went up to see a player in New York, one of the better scorers. That night he was almost shutdown, after this display, Dale wanted the kid that shutdown this leading scorer. The kid that shut him down, Greg Cook.