What's for dinner??

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by lsubatgirl04, Nov 27, 2006.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Cream of Brie & Crabmeat

A'la Cocodrie - visiting fresh fish prepared with crabmeat, green onions & mushrooms

An to finish it off.......

Caramel Custard
    Mansurs custard (Flan) with light caramel topping.

Everything was great tonight, still full...:D

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Glad you had a good meal. Went about a month ago and I guess I was spoiled. Used to be that every dish was excellent but not even close last time. I talked to 2 employees last week who are in my fantasy league and they said it isn't the same and business has been slowing. My best friend was hired away by Tommy Mansur which really stung given he was getting a little payback for getting cut out of his own restaurant. :rofl: I am also friends with the executive chef that took over but he left after a year. Not sure who is running the kitchen now. Maybe they made a new hire within the last month. Chefs have been flying through that place ever since.

I do see they kept most of my bud's menu though. He made the real version of the crab and brie for my engagement party.

If you want a great meal not too far away up the road, hit up Beausoleil.

Beausoleil Restaurant and Bar | Baton Rouge, LA | casual contemporary Louisiana cuisine

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

4. OkieTigerTK

made a damn strong pot roast for dinner that had new potatoes, onions, and baby carrots on it. made a side of rice to go with. a friend of mine makes a killer pot roast so i found out how they do it and made it like that. at least the best i could remember. damn strong!

a good cold weather meal.

edit: forgot the steamed broccoli and cauliflower with home made cheese sauce. and gravy for the roast/rice/potatoes. how could i forget the gravy?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My dad would push cloves of garlic deep into the roast with a fillet knife. Great stuff.

6. OkieTigerTK

that's how my mom does it. but i was out of fresh garlic (i dont know how that happened, its a crime).

7. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

We finely chop a yellow onion and a few cloves of garlic (depends on the size of your roast) and let them sit in worchestershire sauce for about 20-30 minutes to soak it up. That's what we stuff the roast with. Then we rub it with Tony's and let it sit for a few hours as the roast comes up to room temp.

I don't know what it does to that meat, but it's magic.

8. OkieTigerTK

*taking notes*

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Decided to roast a turkey today. Just took it out of the oven. The aroma is killing me as that bird is resting. Will have scalloped potatoes and roasted asparagus also.

I promised myself that we were gonna cook more turkey this year. Seems we always only cook them for the holidays.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm having homemade vegetable beef soup and fresh bread at a friends tonight. I've had her soup before and it is always good. Getting cooler here, too.