What's for dinner??

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by lsubatgirl04, Nov 27, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Grilled venison tenderloin with roasted potatoes and salad.

GregLSU likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Breakfast I had a yogurt with a little granola over it, lunch I had a bowl of minestrone soup, and for dinner tonight a grilled chicken breast with steamed asparagus. I did have a couple mozzerella string cheese sticks in between breakfast and lunch. Been washing it all down with either water or sweet tea (splenda).

Dieting sucks donkey balls.

KyleK likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Your dinner sounds much better than mine.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm hungry. What have you got? I am within a half a mile of a McDonalds, a Wendy's, a Taco Bell, a Burger King, 2 Subways, a Gatti's Pizza, a Popeye's, a KFC and a Circle K (hot dogs on the roller) I don't want any of that crap.

5. red55

I am within half a mile from Georges, Chelseas, Digiulios, Zealand Street Market, Pinetta's, City Pork, Rama, Ivar's, Schilitz and Giggles, Parrains, Acme Seafood, Outback, Coyote Blues, Jubans, Burgersmith, TJ Ribs, Meztizo, and Galatoires.

The nearest fast food is Sonic but it's close to a mile away. Piccadilly is only a bit further.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was on Essen Lane yesterday but I forgot to mention Piccadilly. I have been eating at Piccadilys all my life but the quality has gone way down as the prices have gone way up.

Have you had a burger at Burgersmith? Any good? I've been meaning to try it.

7. red55

Prices are up for sure, but I haven't seen a bad drop in food quality. The quality drop has been in old decor and getting rid of cloth napkins and glasses for paper and plastic. And they used to serve a nice shrimp cocktail, but they dropped it years ago, and recently they dropped the fried haddock.

I actually don't care for their burger all that much. No matter how I order it, it always seems to be undercooked and overdressed. Their cajun spiced burger is just nasty. But the bar is quite good with a nice selection of draft beers.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The Picadilly behind Catholic High is still the best of the bunch.

I rather Fat Cow burger over Burgersmith. Roul's is still the best in BR but Barcadia which is opening where Serrano's will be the best. Barcadia is the joint the Curbside truck owners are opening. So the 2 best burgers will be right next door to each other.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The shrimp cocktail was one of my favorites. The finely chopped celery in the cocktail sauce was a nice touch.

I haven't been to a Piccadilly in about a year. I got the small chopped steak with 2 veggies on the side and no drink. What used to be about $5 was $8.71. The chopped steak was still pretty good but for that price I expect the large and a drink. A few weeks after that, thinking that possibly the cashier must have made a mistake and prices really couldn't be that high I went back and had the catfish. 2 small pieces with 2 veggies and no drink. It was even a few cents higher than the chopped steak

10. red55

The food is still good and you can't beat Henry Gray on blues piano at lunchtime. But the smell of that old carpet is bad. Picadilly is not spending enough money on maintenance.

Catholic High now owns the Westmoreland shopping center. Picadilly provides food service to the Catholic High cafeteria now, too.