What's for dinner??

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by lsubatgirl04, Nov 27, 2006.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I don't think they make anything I'm not fond of. Their Cajun sausage is really good too, but I still like mine better. So far my favorites are the ribs and sausage, and the chicken. Their Okra, and green beans are also divine. I couldn't work there, I'd be 500 pounds inside a month.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I saw Brave Combo at Oktoberfest in Addison (suburb of Dallas) the first year I lived up here ('97). I still can't get the rank smell of sauerkraut out of my memory. Gack...

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The only time I have Dickey's is at people's houses when they have pool parties and such. It's good for a summer spread at a party like that.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Beer Can Chicken. For those of you who don't know what beer can chicken is you take a beer can with a little beer still in it and stuff it into a chicken and stand it up on the grill.

Unfortunately what I had was Popeye's Beer Can Chicken. I had been seeing the sign advertising it for several days when I drove past Popeye's. When I went inside I saw on one of those placards they put around that the Popeye's version of beer can chicken was chicken finger breast meat marinated in herbs and spices and fried. I decided to try it anyway. Beer Can Chicken Combo w/fries/biscuit and drink-$4.99. I was hoping there would be three fingers in the box but two would have been acceptable. When I opened the box there was only one small finger. Still, it was very good but I was still hungry

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Made a pot of White Chili Chicken.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Chicken and dumplings

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Philly cheese steak poboy. Very thinly sliced ribeye sauteed with onions, bell pepper strips and fresh crushed garlic with cheddar cheese and served on Reising's PoBoy bread.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We are grilling chicken thighs stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeƱo and wrapped with bacon. It's probably a heart attack on a plate, but it's low-carb!

Bengal B and LSUDad like this.