What's for dinner??

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by lsubatgirl04, Nov 27, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

tonight will be lobster ravioli in a saffron cream sauce, salad, and maybe some greenbeans roasted with shallots.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

tonight is left over chicken gumbo (well I use a hen, boy am I bad at cutting that sucker up!!! Mangled pieces. :shock: ). Last night it was ok, but I got timid, and went too easy on the salt, cayenne, and file. Maybe it will soak in overnight, I hope. I like some butter and salt in my rice while its cooking, good flavor for the gumbo, or it pulls the salt out of the gumbo. One thing I have found is that no matter how hard I try, I have never put too much parsley in a gumbo, and it really makes it.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

My wife decided to use one of our Cajun Turkeys from Bayou Bistro to make a Gumbo with lots of Okra. It turned out to be the best Gumbo she has ever made.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Fried Baloney Sandwiches w\cheese and a side of pringles might do the trick tonight. Yum Yum!

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Seafood gumbo tonight.

6. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Scavenged pork roast from the neighbors since i didnt want to cook. Easiest meal ever...pulled in the garage and walked across the street for a crock pot special with pork roast, potatoes, carrots, and some other stuff. MMM...love the free easy meals.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Since it's fried, at least its a HOT meal! But you need to work on your meal plans. :yelwink2:

Say Rubi, are you a helpless looking single guy?

BTW, the gumbo was MUCH better tonight, after sitting in the fridge overnight. It ought to be against some law to eat a gumbo the same day you cook it. :grin:

8. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

I wouldnt say helpless...just have really good neighbors. Plus, its hard to cook for one person...and i am not in anytype of relationship that is serious until after Valentines Day...dont want to blow my whole refund check on something i may never see again. Learned my lesson last year buying a expensive diamond necklace for the ex.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Gumbo weather for sure. I cook a big pot when I cook gumbo and we freeze the leftover in family size servings........it "Keeps" very well and when we are running all over for the kids' ball games during the week it comes in handy. (We do the same with soup too).

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Putting porcelain tile in the kitchen, looking for quick and easy. Tonight will be delivery pizza, then tamales and chili on Wednesday. Thursday is grilled steak nite no matter what, Friday is crawfish etouffee, and since it is suppose to snow on Saturday, kolaches for breakfast, Reubens for lunch and some type of stew for supper. Sunday I start planning again.