What's for dinner??

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by lsubatgirl04, Nov 27, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Last night we had casserole and cheese sticks. The cheese sticks were frozen and heated at 450 for 8 minutes.......I was surprised at how good they were for frozen.

They were actually all I ate.....not a big casserole person but the wife and kids love 'em.

1 person likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My mom was a working mom when I was a kid and I grew up eating casseroles. Apparently they are fairly quick and easy. Fortunately she had a variety of pretty tasty casseroles. There was a mexican casserole, a chicken and mushroom casserole, a green bean casserole, sheppards pie, and another dozen or so.

1 person likes this.
  3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Holy hell I love me some casserole. Green bean, brocolli and rice, mexican, chicken, and my all-time favorite -- squash casserole. I love 'em all. They're far and away my favorite part of my rare family get-togethers, ranking well ahead of seeing family. :hihi:

Contrasting those great thoughts, I bought the biggest sandwich I've ever seen (other than Carnegie Deli) at Kroger tonight. It was about 14 inches long, and about as big around as K2 football.

It was turkey and swiss, with not a hint of moisture anywhere. This thing could have absorbed a jar of Blue Plate without a doubt.

I ate about 1/3 of it, felt terrible, and reflected that it's not a very good sandwich. However, it will have to be good enough, as I'll probably have the rest for breakfast and then lunch.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think I wrongly besmirched this sandwich. After pulling most of the bread out of the good crust, and then heating it up and slathering mayo on it, this was actually an outstanding sandwich. Kroger should listen and learn.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

a simple breakfast. bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I haven't eaten breakfast in close to ten years now. Unless you count an overload of caffiene on the drive to work.

Just a friendly word of advice, if any of you are in Houma and looking for boiled crawfish (not live, already boiled), do not buy them from Sea Go Seafood. We made that mistake at the office today. They smelled repulsive, and tasted even worse. I don't know what they did to them, but I was only able to force myself to eat 12. 12 phucking crawfish!!! That is an outrage.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We had 300 acres of crawfish at one time (In the 80's we'd gotten in when people were laughing at us and tried to act like it was classless to "Farm" crawfish. lol ) We sold our "Selects" to Sweeden. By the time they shipped them they Swede's were paying $14.00 per pound for a handful of crawfish (I can't remember the count) but it was a big delicacy for them.

Anyway, one of the things I learned was that if the tail is straight (When you serve them) they were dead BEFORE they hit the water. If they were alive when you put them in, their tails are curled.....check that next time. :wink:

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i rarely eat breakfast for breakfast. i will sometimes have breakfast for dinner though.

my breakfast of choice (for breakfast in the mornings) is diet coke and cheetos.:grin: that is almost as bad as a friend who routinely has diet coke and something like skittles or peanut butter m&m's for breakfast!

or, i will start with several espresso's then move to the diet coke.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My breakfast is invariably Cheerios or Corn Chex. On Sunday mornings, I sometimes make bacon and eggs and bisquits. But usually a bowl of cereal is the thing for breakfast. No sugar, no fruit. Just cereal and organic fat-free milk.

Then the drinking of the black coffee begins . . .

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Weekends aren't heart healthy:

Cook up some fresh hash browns, mixed in with crumbled pork sausage. When these are done pour in some Pace, spread some shredded cheddar cheese over the top, cook until the cheese melts. Pour in some scrambled eggs, cook till they set. Fill up a warm tortilla and the breakfast burritos are ready.