What's on your slate for "other SEC must watch games" this fall?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jul 14, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

QB issues. They are counting on the Tex Tech reject to lead the way. They have 1 world class RB and another that was suspended last year but is supposed to be the real deal. Still have the stud wr and questions on D. They have 1 quality CB in dirty Sanchez but other than that nothing special.

Most around here are calling the Tennessee game a loss.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

What's on your slate for "other SEC must watch games" this fall?
    For LSUs offense to have a better ratio than 4TDs in 40+ possessions.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

(wondering if Stoops will be running at the mouth for media days...)

News stories/cycles/subjects:

Strong coaching at TX, the media and pundits pointing to Baylor's schedule, TCU, no conference championship game...there were all these stories taking up the headlines and conversations last season. What we didn't see publicized was how the Sooners did in 2014.

Perspective: Baylor and TCU both finished the season 2-1 against AP top 25 teams. Out of the other eight teams in the conference there's only one win to be found against an AP ranked team: WVU over Baylor. It works out to something like 1-28 for the season with OU having one of the 0-4 records.

What does OU really bring to Neyland? (I think this is a 5PM kick on ESPN. It's week two, second week of September in Knoxville...doesn't sound like a pleasant afternoon to be sitting in the stands, not to mention how hot that field will be.)

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Back to what? ATL? I think they can, and will, be competing for that spot in December. Back to competing for NC's? No.

The athletic department as a whole isn't breaking free from some of the same things that's troubled them for years.

FWIW, and I realize the modifier "if" is prevalent here...

Assuming UT gets through OU in Neyland, week two, that puts them in Gainesville in week four. A confident team going into a situation where the Gators are trying to find their identity again. They've got Arkansas, Georgia and South Carolina at home. UK and Mizzou are their road games (divisional) and their trip to Tuscaloosa. (Of course, Vandy to close the season.)

I can see five conference wins there. A 6-2 record? I could easily see a three-way tie with Mizzou and UGA.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Dave's not here.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Sleeper game early in the season, hogs at vols. Pigs start conference play with 3 road games. I'll give them the aggies, but the vols, a week before the gumps=statement game. Could be fun to watch

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Since we took a pass on Towson State, I am all over our game in Columbia!

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is a concrete tiger in front of the Towson administration building. It's pretty obvious that Mike didn't pose for the sculptor.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

LAX SCHOOL.

I love LAX. But......

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm an ex LAX lover