what's saban gonna do about the quarterback situation.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 6, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I wouldn't put to much stock in those rating myself. Campbell might very well have a better season, we'll see about that. But I would have to say our O-line will be much better than 4th in the league. Every team has turnover and we ddi lose 2 guys but we also played a bunch of guys who performed very well and we will have the 2 best linemen in the SEC at the 2 most important positions in Big Ben and Andrew. These guys are going to lead this line and by the time SEC play opens we will be rolling big time, of course just my opinion.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Agreed, LSU's O-line could be better than last years. UGA & UF O-lines are still best of the group, with LSU,UT, and UK in second. AU's O-line has not looked good for several seasons, so I don't imagine an overnight improvement.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I know that Green has the rep and Georgia is picked to win the SEC again, just like last year . . . but we beat those guys twice last season and neither the QB nor the OL were very impressive.

I expect Georgia to be strong, but they just don't look like an 800-pound gorilla to us.

Florida found a way to beat LSU last year and is coming back more talented than before. Still, they are going to have their hands full with LSU this year.

LSU will lose some games this year, playing a new quarterback. But don't expect a big drop off elsewhere.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Red, you're right about Greene. He's not one of the "pretty" QB's, so I guess you could say he "wins ugly." One thing though, he's the kind of QB that won't get you beat, and his demeanor is that of a true leader. He's one of those rare players that makes those around him "better," all the while knowing he doesn't have a chance to make the pros.

5. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

Good one... would that Sporting News be the same definitive authority that touted Auburn as #1 all preseason last year???

PLEASE!!

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

David Greene might scare you and your tiggers caddy, probably cause he's been spankin that AU a$$ the last couple years. 26-7, OUCH! Don't forget you are on the NAT"L CHAMPS board!

7. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

david greene is overrated period......he is slow to react to pressure.....he has heart but that can't compensate for lack of talent.......based on what i've seen he is no pro prospect.....you can prove me wrong next season buy you won't.......

8. snorton938

and i'll take it one step further.....pollack (sp?) and the coach....."a" for effort but with the right formula they are checkmated.......i think this program is overrated.....it's good but it is not that good by any stretch of the imagination (not a top 5).....

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

After callin all these LSU folks over here corndogs on your forum, you still got the balls to come here and post.

cadillacattack
    (2/22/04 9:19:24 pm )

Corndog thread: Hating AU
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really didn't realize that LSU fans consider Auburn the team they most love to beat, but check out the attached thread on the LSU Forum:
    www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13994

Too bad they're about 4th on Auburn fan's list behind Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Otherise it would be quite THE rivalry.

....sniff....sniff.....what's that I smell?
    "Illegitimus non Carborundum"

10. snorton938

hmmm......get specific.....argue the worth of your qb....top defensive player and coach.....i say they are overrated....period and the sec championship game proved it......prove to me it won't happen again.....and if you don't have specifics go fly away......