What's the ceiling for this team?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 13, 2010.

1. IslandTiger

IslandTiger Freshman

Can this team actually make it through the season undefeated? Personally, I think we just lose of Alabama/Auburn. Probably Auburn since we play them away. I think we take Bama at home. I think Auburn slips up a few times and we make it to the SECCG at 11-1. From there, either Florida or SC. Toss up in both, imo.

Miles deserves an extension if he takes this team to 11-1.

JMO

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Miles is stupid and needs to be fired today!

who wants a 57 and 15 record

who cares that he is 6-0

he is a clown and makes LSU a joke across the land

fire him

fire him now

les is less!!!!

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You need to seek medical assistance.

2 people like this.
  4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Uhhhhh ...... I disagree.

I like Miles. Any coach who has the balls to say "I don't give a rats a$$ what the media says" is ok in my book.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

The ceiling depends, on how much playing time they give Lee. His drives have been more productive, he can throw the intermediate pass and keep the defense honest, which helps the offense. Lee can pick up 3rd and 8 more often than JJ, which is why his drives result in points more often than JJ's. I like to see a few series from JJ to give the other defense more to prepare for, two styles of play, can create a split second of indecision on their defense, and that can be a scoring opportunity with our skill players.

I picked this team 10-2 regular season before the season, figuring we split with Bama, Fla, Auburn, Arky. I will stick with that. Could we do better? Yea, with some luck, but the odds can catch up with us, we probably won't win every game. Bama had an off day against SC after a huge emotional blowout win over Fla. Saban will screw their heads on right; they know LSU is the test for them. They control their destiny and both clubs will be looking to take the lead in the west. It will be close in the west, and the winner of LSU/Bama will hold the tie breaker. Auburn and Arky both have a case for winning the west, and we play them both. The meat of our schedule has just started, a good start with a hard fought win in the Swamp.

Miles needs to play the more productive QB, and Lee is more productive with his drives. That is what we need to do to win, become more of a balanced team with run and pass threat. The defense is better than I thought it would be, some of the magic is gone from PP in the kick return game, he's got a good average about 25 yds., but no TD's lately. The S on his chest has deflated a little. We need to find an excellent backup to Ridley, who is great but he looks tired late in the game (I'd like to see Ford break through).

1 person likes this.
  6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'm not sure this question can be answered just yet.

This team has played really well at times, but still makes too many mistakes for me to say we can win the BCSNC.

Case in point - West Virginia. We jumped on them 17-0 and never put them away.

We are certainly in great position. Let me see a complete game against Auburn (and a W) and then I'll start getting really excited.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

somebody is beginning to pull the annoying card :rolleye33:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Maybe only English 1001. It's neither prose nor poetry. Amazing what a paragraph or some punctuation can do.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's lunacy.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Ok I'll play.

• I'm going to assume that you do wand a 57 and 15 record; I think its 3 or 4 games less than anyone else during that period.
    • And you do want an undefeated team this year
    • And the rest is just yada yada yada except
    • "he is a clown and makes LSU a joke across the land"
    1. ESPN has him listed as 5th in the SEC coach of the year list. Its a lame list but others are listed below him - Including Urbane
    2. Mark Schlaback (something like that) - list the fake field goal at Florida as play of the year. Grants grudging respect. More grudging than respect -
    3. Pat Forde - "Now we must address their much more inspired and well-earned -- but still lucky -- victory Saturday in The Swamp"
    4. Stewart Mandel SI.com - "win at No. 14 Florida that involved yet another wild finish -- highlighted by an incredibly ballsy play-call by LSU's widely criticized coach"

There's more. But the bottom line is it doesn't matter what they say. Scoreboard! Which is why they had to sound more respectful this week. They know a win in the swamp is not a small thing.

Also, if you tie your satisfaction to what pundicks say - your always on a roller coaster driven by people who make thier living by making you scream at the ride.