What's the ceiling for this team?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 13, 2010.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

National championship is the ceiling. The defense is good enough to shut down any team(assuming they stay healthy). The offense has started to produce, and not because we are playing McNeese St. The special teams has been well above average all year in terms of punts, punt returns, kickoff returns, blocked kicks, FG kicking, and punt coverage. There's enough talent to win a national championship. Whether there's enough discipline and focus is what we don't know. The only problems we have had have been self inflicted.

2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The ceiling depends on the play calling continuing to be opened up. As well as Lee becoming the full time QB. LSU got too conservative and predicatble in the fourth against UF and it nearly cost us. We cant continue to get like that.

3. Sojourn

Sojourn Freshman

I suspect a loss to Oklahoma in the MNC.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

That's funny on at least two levels.

5. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

"I'm not sure this question can be answered just yet."
    Maybe that's why it was meant as speculation.

Others have said the same. Playing JJ at all is the handicap of this team. I've seen so much hard headed, white wash my eyes are foggy.

Supporting Miles to play JJ at all is pure ideological, and has zip to do with football.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Les has already stated he is going to adjust the QB situation has needed. What this says to me is that Les is going to leave it alone until we get behind in a game. If we find ourselves trailing in the Auburn Game .. look for JLee to take more control. If we are leading, it will stay the same.

Sure ... we could probably blow people out with Lee in full time ... but ... a win is a win.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If we make it to the MNC, we won't lose. And we also won't be playing Oklahoma.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

just like fans get crazy after a loss, i think this win is throwing some for a loop.

this is a great football team with two average QB's. not saying JL hasn't looked better in the last two weeks, but he's got a ways to go. pray for his health because if JJ goes full time again this team is in trouble.

i don't think the tigers will drop mcneese, ulm, or ole miss. so that's 9 wins.

but i also don't think they sweep AU, bama, and ark.

i don't know why, but i think they go 1-2. which still gets you 10 wins and possibly playing in ATL. beating bama will become key. (as if it wasn't already)

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We tried to put a kill shot on Florida with JJ in the game halfway through the 4th. He also completed a huge 29 yard pass play on that same drive.

So that's not true that we shut it down and got conservative. The other series was a 3 and out in which we completed a 5 yard pass on a 3rd and 7. Those things happen. We were still playing the Florida defense, not McNeese.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If someone forced me to place a bet, I would go 1-2 against the big 3 remaining teams as well. You are correct, we may be getting way ahead of ourselves with the national championship talks, but this team is truly just good QB play away from going 14-0. The rest of the team is that good.