What's the ceiling for this team?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 13, 2010.

1. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

We will hit the ceiling when jefferson puts us in such a hole that Payton Manning himself could not get us out. Sad but true...

1 person likes this.
  2. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

And we have even better than good qb play, and we have PC Tigers fans would do anything to keep him off the field.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't think there are any fans who don't want to see Lee play at least some. Some may think it is ok to have both, but I don't think there is anyone who thinks that JJ is the answer to keep this team going, at least not by himself as QB. Hell, I don't even think JJ thinks that.

As for the ceiling, well we are currently 6-0, but have our toughest portion of our schedule remaining. This team has the talent, the drive, and the commitment to go all the way. Will they do it? We shall see. :geaux:

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

2003:crystal:

2007:crystal:

2010:crystal:

5. LEGACY TIGER

Since Miles is hell bent on a 2 QB system we can only hope that he is going to use them to their strengths. Hopefully, also he won't let them get into bad situations a push them to use their weaknesses to get out of a hole. Like not having JJ pass when he is in a 3rd and long situations. The result is not good many a times. Although, he was much better in the Fla game, with the exception of the 1 int.

6. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I agree that the ceiing for this team will be based on QB play. JJ struggles. Lee "looks" better, but he still backpeddles to escape a rush, looks nervous under pressure and throws 85% of his throws off his back foot. The 2 QB system is the best chance for LSU to win this season. I think that J. Lee and R. Shepard should be the rotation. Shepard can do everything that they are asking JJ to do and do it better. We need to be patient with Lee, as I do believe mishaps are around the corner for him as well. Having said that, I think we beat Auburn (we will be playing them after a tough one with UK and Arkansas) and will beat Bama. Arkansas will determine our season in our last game. By the way, the SEC may have knocked themselves out of the NC game this year. Look for Oregon, Oklahoma/Nebraska, Mich.St., Ohio State, TCU, Boise St., and Utah to be undefeated going into the last 2 weeks of the season. A one loss SEC team may not have a chance to be in the NC game due to the number of possible undefeated teams this year. IMO.

7. LEGACY TIGER

Something I found interesting. I can't remember where I read it or if this is exact, but should we win Sat and go to 7-0 it will be the 1st time in like 38 yrs we have started the season that good.:geaux:

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Absolutely agree that the rest of the team is championship good. I think the QBs are a work in progress. We've seen growth in their play the last few weeks; more is needed. We will continue to be a two QB team for this year. If their play continues to grow over the next four weeks (3 games 1 off week) to the level of increased competition the sky is the limit. If we get to 9-0, we can get to :crystal:.

9. LEGACY TIGER

I was thinking this morning, I know dangerous, and what I am about to post is a BIG stretch, but could happen. Should LSU win out, with an SECC and a MNC we could conceivably have played 8-10 ranked teams to do it. Currently we have played 3 teams that were ranked when we played them, we currently have 3 more that are on our schedule (AU, Ark, and Bama). Should we get to the SECCG that will make 1 more, and should we get to the BCSNCG that will make 1 more. Making it 8 ranked teams we will have played. Now this is farfetched as well, but it is conceivable that Ole Miss is ranked when we play them or could get ranked at some point this season, and it is conceivable that Miss St gets ranked at some point this season. Making it a total of 10 ranked, at some point in the season, teams we would have played to get to through the season.

As I said, a lot of Big stretch and farfetched in there, but should all of that happen and we go 14 - 0 having beaten 10 ranked, during the season, teams that would make this the best team in not only LSU history, but I think in the history of college football. Now wouldn't that be ironic given the turmoil and ridicule Miles has endured thus far. Again, farfetched and a Big stretch, but not impossible. :geaux:

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

gaaaaaaaa:eek:

:D