News What's the odds on a rematch?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 5, 2011.

1. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I love that Les didn't shy away from this question!

He truly loves college football and wants to see the best on best.

I think because the media is in love with Bama, that we will hear about this non-stop if both teams continue to win out.

They will want it to happen, but I know for sure that of LSU lost tonight that we wouldn't have a prayer of getting back in the NCG.

I hope it's OK. State. Would love to face that offense!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Overriding thought by the Pundits including the BCS gurus Edwards and Palm said that Alabama losing would probably NOT afford them a rematch, since they lost at home.

Why would you want to give them another shot on a neutral field is the nature of the argument being presented.

And how do you crown 12-1 Bama over a 13-1 LSU with a 1-1 record and LSU winning on the road?

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Bama does not deserve a re match with LSU. They were DEFEATED at HOME by a team that Bama said had NO shot to win.

4. GeorgiaTider

GeorgiaTider Founding Member

No to a rematch. If you don't win your conference, you don't deserve to play in the NCG. End of story. Please don't freaking lose the NCG.

5. BFANLC

BFANLC Veteran Member

Agreed, no rematch. Lets go kick some other conference teams butts.

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I feel like a contrarian here, but I can see Bama moving back up to #2 in the BCS by season's end if they win out, Okie St. loses and Stanford loses. All possible. Voters may not want to see that, however. OU may be in best position for that.

This rematch potential is nothing like LSU-Oregon. Oregon has been trounced by the SEC. They are done. This game wasn't pretty for most people, but the matchup is absolutely compelling.

7. Darth

Darth Dark Lord of the SEC

I would love to see bama destroy boise in the sugar bowl. And I love to see LSU destroy Stanford or OK st in the NCG.

8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I would too, but you know what worries me? Saban's teams sometimes seem to have trouble getting up for the not-so-big bowl game. Case in point most recently: Bama v. Utah. Would Bama embarass themselves and us against Boise? God, I hope not. Bama is clearly a much better team, but will they play like it?

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If Stanford and Oklahoma State both lose (and that is entirely possible, if not probable), then the re-match is definitely possible, if not probable.

That being said, I don't want that to happen. LSU vs. Okie State would be a nice storyline. Then again, beating Stanford would be fun, too.

10. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Most of the pollsters are not in SEC country, and they do not want a rematch. They will rank Bama lower than they deserve to be, so there will be no rematch.

Just my 2 cents, but it is not fair to give them another try after losing to us at home.