What's up with Amp's knee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 21, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Sam (CRAWFISH),

What can you tell us about his rehab process?

He tore it last year in fall camp...and it's still swelling? Is this to be expected?

Anyone with MCL knowledge background...chime in! I'm interested...

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

From what I understand he also tore his PCL and this is probably harder to heal from than an MCL. I know when I tore my ACL I had a lot of problems with scare tissue which made it hard to rehab and ended up needing another surgery to go back in and clean it up. I've seen people have similar knee surgeries and one is back to full activity with no restrictions while the next person may take years to get to 100%. Hopefully he just needs a little more time. :geaux: :lsug:

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I just remember Saban saying it was much worse than expected when they performed the surgery, so I am sure it probably takes at least a year to get completely healthy for a football player who makes cuts all the time.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I recall them doing a followup surgery last year to remove some scar tissue. Hopefully the swelling goes down, or they can remove the fluid, and a little more treatment will get him ready. Its got to be killing him not to be at 100%.

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I read that it was 80% on tigerbait.

6. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

songy says he looks 80% and not to expect much from him for a while. He added that his arms are huge so i guess he's well enough to pump iron hard.

7. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

Amp is still rehabing the knee. After running on it for a while, is starts to hurt and the trainers have to ice it down to keep it from swelling up. At practice, they let him run routes but the they won't let him run against any kind of coverage. He said he hopes to be able to play in the 1st scrimmage but thats is still in the air. I talk to him everyday and I'll try to kept everyone post on his status.

8. friday

friday Founding Member

thanks tino. keep us posted.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Tino:

Thanks for your updates on Amp - see if you can get him to chat with us on TigerForums.com one day - maybe 10 or 15 minutes chatting with us on here and answering a few questions, even using your User Name - what are the chances he would agree to do that? I was so excited when we signed him and I want it to work out for him and LSU very soon.

10. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

I think he would be up for that.