Whats up with Auburn fans and Corn Dogs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 18, 2010.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

It is hard to taunt folks with a taunt we have NO IDEA what it means.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this.

although i don't know why i thought it was nebraska and kansas st.

either way, it's the "who dey" of the college football world which coincidentally (not ironically) is also the product of some cheesy fake orange tigers.

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

It reminds me of the racial slurs people tried to invent for white people like honky. It just really didn't work out.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's definitely an Agbarn thing. The whole corndog business is just too silly to get annoyed about. It is so childish that it makes us embarrassed for them. Barners come around campus and giggle at each other and yell "corndog, corndog". It is tragically lame, but it is apparently the best they can come up with. Some kind of Freudian thing, I imagine. It could be worse--they call Alabama the Crimson Turd.

It ain't even original. The corndog gag was written in the 1960's about Iowa State fans. You remember Iowa, the land of corn and hogs. Corndogs are the local cuisine there. Some brilliant Barner just switched LSU for Iowa and put it on the internet even though it made no sense at all. Anybody who has ever tailgaited at LSU know that LSU fans smell like jambalaya, gumbo, smoked andouille, fried shrimp and boiled crawfish.

5. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I'm thinking about wearing a hat with two corndogs sticking up, kind of like the hats with the beer holders. Just my way of letting them know that we think this "insult" is really stupid. Kind of reminds me of the song, "Let's give them something to talk about" -- if they insist on hitting us with it, then let's laugh with them and kick their #%$% on the field!

:geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux:

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

or you could just ignore it, and not give it any credibility like when a 4 yr old says something. that's my strategy anyway.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You'll just be taken for a Barner.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

For the record, at the right time.
    There is nothing better than a Fletchers Corndog with spicy mustard...

I rock those at the Texas State Fair with my kid every year. Good stuff.

9. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

It's very simple.

When Auburn fans come to Baton Rouge, they walk around campus seldom speaking to us, but they smelll all the tailgates with their burners cooking speckled trout, catfish, shrimp, oysters, etc.

This confuses them because it reminds them of the Alabama State Fair, which is where they score corn dogs.

10. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Point of fact, our Tigers moniker originated from a poem that the town of Auburn was named for. The pertinent lines were:

Sweet Auburn! loveliest village of the plain...
    ...Where crouching tigers wait their hapless prey

Had zilch to do with LSU. Now, Clemson on the other hand did get their nickname directly from Auburn. John Heisman coached there after leaving Auburn and gave them their Tigers nickname and the orange and purple color scheme.

And if you've been an SEC fan for more than 10 minutes, you should know the difference in "Tigers" and "War Eagle." C'mon.

Now, we could delve a little into how a team gets named after a fictionally-colored oceanic occurrence but has an elephant as a mascot... :D