Whats up with Auburn fans and Corn Dogs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 18, 2010.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i always thought clemson's color scheme was a bi-school homage to the two schools they ripped off. :D

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Welcome back for our annual blood bath. This year will be a fight for the ages. At stake, WINNER TAKES ALL!!!!!!! :geaux: :lsup: :tigereye:

3. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Man, this is going to be a really interesting game. And hard to predict exactly how it will play out. Totally different challenge for us than what Arkansas presented. I don't think you guys are nearly the threat on offense they were but your defense is light years better. It's our strength against your strength and our weakness against your weakness. Should be a great one.

4. TitanTiger (AU)

One small correction: It was Walter Riggs who played on Auburn's first football team that took the game to Clemson with him and influenced them toward the Tigers nickname and the color scheme. John Heisman came on the scene a few years later.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yes it should. Wish Cam played for the real Tigers, we would be unstoppable. :wave:

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

"LSWho," been around a while and most popular.
    Most of it is silly enough. "Bammers" is lame and frankly the more universally excepted among the brethren. I have no idea what the fixation with "Gump" is, unless someone got feedback it actually bothers Bama fans. Good movie, but nothing really irritating. Saw "southern comfort," don't know how it would make a good taunt, but it has always been good motivation to stay out of the bayou. "Water boy" too lame for my taste and makes me think of Adam Sandler, who does, actually, annoy me. Which brings me to "corndogs." I thought perhaps someone had done some stat work on regional consumption as opposed to first hand info. Not as cute as "the barn" but it's been around. I think, I'll just use LSU, Purple nation, TigerLand, etc. No need to taunt and be unkind, it's just the TUSK way. :miles:

7. TitanTiger (AU)

Wish your defense played for us. We'd win the national title in a walk. :)

Off topic question: What does that hand gesture in front of the face that the players do (and your little emoticon shows) mean? I've never understood what it was.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

You forgot Tequila...

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If you're a wrastlin' fan it could mean 'you can't see me", other wise maybe "in yer face"... make something up.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm the Magic Man. Now you see me....now you don't!