Whats up with Auburn fans and Corn Dogs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Lets get to the bottom of this - where is Decek7 - he should know

:eek:ldskule:

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

I must be getting old. :)

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lovely poem. It's why we call them the Plain Tigers. :hihi:

Never figured that one out.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

it's the "you can't see me" wave. made famous by John Cena.

5. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

We still watch rastlin down here in da bayou :wave:

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think it was copied from Cena by the 07 team...the most famous rendition as Demetrius Byrd caught the TD against Auburn as time ran out.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The original version was written by an OU fan about Nebraska fans, playing on the team's mascot: Cornhuskers. I first read it on Usenet long ago when people passed information and discussions along in newsgroups and email chains. I later found it posted on an OU fans webpage. It was one of those homemade jobs on a site like tripod.com. I bookmarked it, but it has since disappeared. For lack of creativity, some Auburn fan thought that it would be funny to substitute "Nebraska" and "Lincoln" for "LSU" and "Baton Rouge". I see AU fans post it all the time and they think it's this great joke because they think that LSU fans are offended by it. Annoyed is a better word I think because we have this expectation that a fellow SEC fan should be up to the task of razzing us, but instead they fall miserably short.

The thing is that out of 50 states in the US, there is one state that such a comment could not possibly be an accurate description of and it's Louisiana. In this state, food is a religious experience. In fact, it's beyond a religious experience. Regardless of how someone is doing financially, they still find a way to go out and eat great food. I know people who have driven hundreds of miles to buy andouille and/or boudin at one specific meat shop in the middle of nowhere. LA has more food snobs per capita than any other state in the country.

I can't speak for LSU fans, but I love story. I have a natural hatred for Auburn, so far be it for me to point out just how stupid the story is and how stupid they are for thinking it original or even insulting. I hope it lives on forever to serve as a permanent reminder as to just how uncreative and retarded AU fans can be. They are the Kenny Powers, Michael Scott, Mr. Bean, etc. of the SEC.

I should write a story about how Auburn fans smell...

"Auburn fans smell like cheap rye whiskey, aborted dreams and regret.

Yes, it's often said, but so, so true.

AU fans smell like... failure.

I would definitely tell them to their face, but they rarely allow themselves to be known in public. You can sometimes spot one lurking in the shadows of their undefeated 2004 season, head hung in shame wearing a faded Bo Jackson jersey as they migrate across the country in a rattletrap carnival convoy, led by rusted Kenworths chugging along the backroads of the South searching for a Wal-mart parking lot large enough to hock their carnie food and dirty stuffed animals.
    "

8. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

I have always thought that the "corndog" thing was about the most juvenile and worthless taunt in all of college football. How does one smell like a "corndog" other than perhaps someone who is frying them? Really lame.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Auburn fans don't fry turds but they stink the shyt.

10. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

They could at least call us Boudin or Andoulle...