What's up with the corndog thing?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dothantiger, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

The way I see that stuff is your one percenters vs. ours. I don't include myself in that and hope you don't either.

2. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

I will agree to agree to your 5%r's to our 1%r's OK!!!!!

3. Proud Tiger

Whatever, I agree to not get in that group if you don't :)

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Most Auburn fans are a bunch of piss ants anyway, kinda mirrors the University itself, from the coach on down to getting the leftovers in recruiting to playing lil sister role to the Bama's...etc. and so on...
    I don't want to get off on a rant about em, but they remind me of how the Sooners were outside the Dome, petrified and scared to death they might get "TigerBait" yelled at em. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5. Proud Tiger

We know which fan percentile group you're in :hihi:

Is this what you call "chat with class" as in your avatar? :dis:

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

LOL, alright PT, it was a general comment, not directed at you guys here, but just an over all perception, top to bottom, don't take it personally :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

7. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

you should have typed "borned one" so all the backwoods chicken lovers would be able to understand.

8. Proud Tiger

OK I'll show my ignorance (hold the applause please) and ask......what really is a coonass?

9. Consensus

Consensus Founding Member

In seventh grade I got in trouble when I wrote a short story about a boy from Alexandria for a school assignment.

You see, his father was from Marksville, therefore a coonass, and his mother was from Pineville, therefore a red neck. This made poor Billy a "Red Ass"!

My uncle had told me this story and so, I thought it was perfectly acceptable material for a school assignment. My teacher, the principal, and my parents, once they were contacted at work, thought otherwise!

Guess who's ass was red that night!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Coonass is an impolite, sometimes derrogatory, reference to a person of Acadian heritage. Better smile when you say it to a Cajun, because some of them even consider "Cajun" to be impolite.

It is improper and somewhat naive to refer to everybody from Louisiana as a coonass. Louisiana is two states culturally. South Louisiana is Catholic and Cajun, jambalaya and gumbo. North Louisiana is a lot like . . .well, North Alabama. Redneck Country. Chicken fried steak and catfish. NASCAR.

You call a Cajun a coonass and you might hear a Boudreaux joke . . . or you may get knifed. Be wary.

You call a Louisiana redneck a coonass and he will laugh at your ignorance.

Of course a third of the state are black folks who are neither rednecks or coonasses. I'd be wary there, too.