What's with the SEC champ T shirts?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gumborue, Mar 3, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Honestly, it never crossed my mind when I saw the phrase "mission accomplished". Of course, I am not consumed with hatred for anything Dubya either.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The players sure did seem to love wearing those shirts during the pregame ceremony.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think the word is ghey...that's what my 17yo tells me anyway.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. If you're one of those that doesn't like the shirt, then don't buy it. I don't like it (some of which were already said--but primarily the "Toonces" logo and the fact that the season is not yet over; therefore, the "mission" rolls on to the post season), so I'm not buying it...but good grief! Do some of you complain for the sake of complaining?? :shock:

5. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

i think you just answered your question. i think the shirt could have been better but did they have the time? did anyone really expect the bb team to accomplish this? i'm sure they would love suggesstions, maybe yall could get together and form a committee and submit some ideas...lol just a thought!

6. SabanFan

LSU

WIN EVERYTHING...

...or else!

7. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I know this should be in the FSA, but since people are bringing it up in relation to the shirt...

Umm, here's an excerpt from the "Mission Accomplished" speech. I know it'll pain some of you to actually read what the man said, instead of glossing the memory over in a Bush-hating daze, but here you go...

"We have difficult work to do in Iraq. We're bringing order to parts of that country that remain dangerous. We're pursuing and finding leaders of the old regime who will be held to account for their crimes. We've begun the search for hidden chemical and biological weapons, and already know of hundreds of sites that will be investigated.

We are helping to rebuild Iraq where the dictator built palaces for himself instead of hospitals and schools.

And we will stand with the new leaders of Iraq as they establish a government of, by and for the Iraqi people.

The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time, but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done and then we will leave and we will leave behind a free Iraq. "

Where is the arrogance and overconfidence? Where did he say that the war was over and we won?

I don't necessarily like Bush's policies, but I detest this left-wing mentality that ignores facts when it interferes with their perception of what the world should be. Here's the full transcript. Let me know where Bush said "Mission Accomplished" or implied that the war was over.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

8. SabanFan

There goes the T-shirt talk, and here come Red55 and Contained Chaos.

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Oh, yeah, anyways, the T-shirt still sucks :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

to employ time honored revisionist history tactics :hihi: