Whats wrong with Matt Mauck?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 15, 2003.

1. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

How do we know that throwing to Clayton so much is not planned? (UGA)? When the Safety tries to sneak up on Clayton, because of what they see in the film, Matt can pump fake and go to Henderson, Bowe or someone else. Saban and Jimbo may want them to do this. To me that would provide a concern, if we attempt to double Clayton, we’re going to leave another talented receiver open. Matt is the QB that the team and coaches have faith in. We need the line to have their best performance to date. If Matt has the time he will find the receiver. LSU needs to play this game as we did against FSU in 82, one long Drive after another. Keep the UGA offense on the bench and playing catch up.

2. LSUMyrtleBeach

LSUMyrtleBeach Founding Member

What's wrong with Mauck?

No one complained that Rohan Davey threw to to Josh Reed too much. If you don't throw to the best receiver in the NCAA something is wrong.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That post sounds like it would make a good call to the Jim Rome show.

"Rack him"

4. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

M M ???????

Who is questioning Matt Mauck??

I personally have heard no complaints from anyone only positive comments stating the obvous.

I it's a little scary to think of our offense without Mauck and Clayton right now.

5. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

OK, I don't watch Jim Rome and don't know anything about him (other than the "Chrissy" incident). Was I just complimented or "dis"ed????

6. SECChamps2003

SECChamps2003 Freshman

I'll tell you what's wrong with him. He sucks.

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

ChuckE is on to something here. I think the last game was a total setup by Jimbo and Saban. They consistently threw the 6-8 yard in the flat routes to try and show "tendencies" to UGA. As soon as the DBs make a break on a ball, expect a pump and go, double move kinda route by Clayton. If the guy bites, then whammo, throw the long ball.

Note that they didn't run the fly or post pattern until late in the 3Q on Sat. Henderson ran the fly and Green ran the post. One went for a TD, the other had Pass Int. on the DB who was clearly beat by Henderson. I think they are holding back on the passing game until they need to use it (likely this weekend).

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing.. I wouldn't be surprised to see us throw the deep ball a few times on Saturday..If you think about it, we haven't thrown it all season (once or twice)....Look for it on Saturday, (a.k.a. Dead Dawg Day!) :D :D :D :D :D

9. hhstigerdad

hhstigerdad Founding Member

Mauck is just fine...

Why shouldn't he throw to Clayton if he is consistently open? Had he not gotten his ankle tweaked, he and Mauck would have probably hooked up nearly 20 times. The play was there all night. When Clayton went out, he went to Henderson and Green more often. He also went to Davis. If WISU would have jumped the out route, you would have seen Clayton turn it up for a big play. They knew that, that's why they didn't try to jump it. They knew they were overmatched. Their objective was to try and keep the score as respecatable as possible and get out of there with their $400K - $450K. Only Tiger mistakes kept it from being more lopsided.

I also think we'll try to go deep against UGA. The key to victory will be controlling the ball and playing good defense. Donnie Jones will be a big factor.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!:lsug: :eek:ldskule:

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

how ironic.

can anyone else the irony in this post...be sure to look at everything now