Whats wrong with Matt Mauck?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 15, 2003.

1. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

What Scares me is Kicking game

I hope we can hit field fieldgoals when we have a chance .... a close game like this might hinge on our teams ability to make a late fieldgoal:geaux:

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Mauck isn't a poor quarterback, but he's starting because the injury to Randall set Randall behind Mauck a long, long time ago...

Had it not been for that injury, Randall would be at the controls, and that's because Mauck was allowed to GROW into that leadership role and his command of the offense...

For anyone to say that Matt Mauck improved from game to game after the Virginia Tech game is simply a pure homer.

Matt Mauck played quite possibly the worst game at quarterback in the modern history of LSU Football against Mississippi State in 2002. Anyone who thinks his game against The Citadel earlier that year was an improvement over any play he exhibited before is again in need of a shot of truth serum.

I think that Matt Mauck is our present, and our immediate future, but to be honest, fellas, the bottom line is that Matt Mauck is NOT the most physically talented quarterback, the quickest, the most mobile, or by a LONG shot the strongest arm on the team.

What he IS is the player who was there when Randall went down. He benefitted from a knee injury to his main competition, and he was ahead in fall camp, and he was allowed to start and blossom into the role.

Period. End of Story.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thanks Red. I don't shake my finger but sometimes I just have to give the finger with a 1 digit salute.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Ban this moron.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So why did LSU start losing games other than V Tech only after Randall took over? And what was the score of the Moo U game? I forget but I think the Tigers had something like 42 points.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It was a complement. Rome has a radio show from LA on a national network in the early part of the afternoons. I think it is on ESPN Radio Network. It comes on in Baton Rouge on 1210 AM Rome is a smartass but he is pretty good. The way your post was written was pretty much in the style of some of the good calls to the show with some good points and just enough original smack in the right places. When Rome gets a call he dosen't like he cuts the caller off with a buzzer sound. When he gets a good caller who gives their take in the manner you did he says something like "Great call- Rack him"

7. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

OK, I don't watch Jim Rome and don't know anything about him (other than the "Chrissy" incident). Was I just complimented or "dis"ed????

certainly a compliment. i shouldn't have wrote that post earlier but, i'm glad to see that it got some people riled and i like to see people come together as a team. no one in this thread has really put down Mauck.
    GEAUT TIGERS!!!!!!

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are joking. Right?