What's wrong with you tiger fans?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Jan 26, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Hi guys. I must have really pi##ed ya off. I took my 13 yr. old granddaughter to Tiger Stadium Sat. Told her before we got there not to get frightened if someone told her Papaw to "go to hell Ole Miss. Or maybe gave me a "Tiger Bait." I explained that it was all in fun and no one had ever hit me. Told her to just relax and enjoy the day. She is a LSU fan but had never been there. We had one fine day. Went to Tony's Seafood on Plank Rd. Some fine food there. We bought her first BOUDAN BALLS. 1 bag full of a) cajun fried balls b) shrimp and crab meat balls and 3) crayfish balls. Walked aroung the stadium and shared with anyone who wanted. No one offered a beer or mixed drink in return. Unusual. Maybe because I had on my Ole Miss cap and an Ole Miss rain jacket. She wore her P/G. Bought her a new shirt and cap. Pigged out at the stadium. Took 54 snapshots so she can remember her FIRST TIME. On the way home, we bought out SONNY'S BAR-B-QUE. She is still bragging about hearing MIKE the tiger roar, the LSU band, Tiger stadium, and her Papaw. Thanks guys. Got to get her to Oxford soon. And in the immortal words of Ralph "the mouth" of Happy Days fame----I still got it. So ------------HOTTY TOTTY-----------

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Try an experiment. Next time you visit the Grove wear an LSU shirt and cap. Let's see how many drinks get offered to you. Drinks thrown at you don't count.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty good post until you ruined it with a gay Hotty Totty

4. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

I think the weather kind of had the crowd feeling a little lathargic. I was looking for you Col. Reb but didn't see any Ole Miss people at all. Glad you guys had a good time.

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

THE GROVE

Hope you didn't think I really expected an offer. I got what I wanted. A smile and a wave. I love people who love life. If I walk through LSU wearing p/g, I get less comments. This way, if they are rude, I just keep walking. If they express any sort of friendly behavior, I will probably make a friend. If I go to the grove and see some one treat an LSU fan rudely, I am not above telling them that what I'm seeing is embarrassing. I would like for everyone to like me, but there is one lesson I learned as a supervisor. I MAY NOT KNOW THE KEY TO SUCESS BUT THE KEY TO FAILURE IS TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE. Take me or leave me. You may miss out on a good friend. BUT THEN AGAIN, YOU MAY NOT. YOUR CHOICE.

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

TAILGATE PARTY

THERE WAS A BAND IN THE PARKING LOT PLAYING GOOD OLE MUSIC. HAD PEOPLE LINE DANCING WITH THEIR YOUNG CHILDREN. KNOWING MOM AND DAD WERE NOT DRUNK. SAW A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG (30-35) YEAR OLD LADY WITH HER (6-8) YR OLD DAUGHTER. SMILES EVERYWHERE. ESPECIALLY ON THE YOUNG GIRL. YOU COULD TELL SHE FELT LIKE SHE WAS IN ON SOMETHING SPECIAL. THANKS AGAIN "tighers"

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

thrown drinks

Never thrown a drink at anyone at LSU or the Grove. I have seen them coming from the top deck at DV. At one time, I was with the sheriff dept. of East Baton Rouge parrish. Was offered the chance to work LSU games for extra income. I wanted to do this. But I told my supervisor that I would wear my weapon but would not load it. They told me that I had to have it loaded. I told them that, in my opinion, this was wrong. I carried a 357 Magnum. I have a degree in CJ. But why put myself in the position to use a weapon when it is really impossible. MY POINT OF VIEW. I'M IN T.S., AND WORKING THE STUDENT SECTION. SOME DRUNK STUDENT GIVES ME A HARD TIME AND IN HIS DRUNKEN CONDITION GRABS FOR MY WEAPON. A 357 FIRED AT CLOSE RANGE LIKE T.S. KILLS MORE THAN ONE PERSON. IF LEFT UNLOADED, I CAN ALMOST LAUGH WHEN THE DRUNK STUDENT GRABS MY WEAPON. BECAUSE I KNOW HE CAN NOT BEAT THIS NIGHT STICK. WOULD YOU RATHER BE ALIVE WITH A KNOT ON YOUR HEAD OR DEAD BECAUSE OF A OVER ZEALOUS LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER? Needless to say, I am no longer in law enforcement. Didn't mind snap decisions. Hated snap decisions that could be avoided.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Hey Col -

Think you could break out that night stick just one more time for my friend Mr. Tuberville?

9. lanie4lsu

lanie4lsu Freshman

I agree.....Hotty Toddy is by far the DUMBEST cheer I have ever heard in my life!!!!!

10. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

actually I thought the dumbest I ever heard was the calling of the hogs.