What's your favorite fast food breakfast item?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, May 11, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Warning, do not go into a waffle house after 2 am after a night in the bar. Odds are you can eat 2-3 orders of hashbrowns plus anything else on the menu. I think when god created breakfast, he created those hashbrowns. Or maybe after alcohol.

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

That burrito used to be quite large. It has shrunken quite a bit now. I'm very disappointed.

I ordered a breakfast burrito at McDonalds this past weekend. When I opened it up, I laughed at how small it was. I couldn't believe it. They should only charge 50 cents for it.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

True story. I knew a guy who ordered a Mickey D's Breakfast Burrito from the drive up window and died of a heart attack before he reached the next window.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There used to be a roadside eatery on the road to St. Francisville that served "breakfast in a cup". It was a 32 oz. foam cup with grits on the bottom, followed by butter, scrambled eggs, and bacon. They gave you a long spoon and a fork and you ate your way through the bacon & eggs and down into the buttered grits.

It was good, homemade food and easy to eat while driving. But they closed after the Nuclear plant was finished and their business from commuting construction workers dried up. Too bad.

5. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

i haven't seen a Ward's around here but they have the best biscuits...Do ya'll remember Mrs. Winner's?? what happened to them? i loved them

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mrs. Winners went out of business years ago. Some of their locations were turned into Burger Tymes and then Burger Tyme went out of business too. I like the biscuits at Popeyes.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I remember that place. It was kind of a combination convenience store/restaurant/bait shop. I ate many a "breakfast in a cup" from that place.

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Man, you are NOT kidding. I've had a bacon, egg and cheese bagel from McD's, and it blew through me like a runaway freight train.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yankee.

10. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Ah HA! So I'm not alone!

Man, you better be in a sh*t friendly environment after eating one of those things.

They are tasty, but dangerous.