What's your favorite fast food breakfast item?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, May 11, 2004.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

My favorite fast food breakfast is a good old fashioned Egg McMuffin with a cup of McCoffee.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Be careful not to burn yourself with the McCoffee--it's hot you know!

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I like the Toaster BLT from Sonic. You can get it anytime, but what's better than a mound of bacon for breakfast?

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

When I'm in New York, which is fairly often, I get a bacon and egg on a roll from the Water Street Deli. Louisiana food kicks NY's a$$ on everything else, but that white roll is awesome.

5. captainpodnuh

I think you need to clarify your last remark. While I would say that La cuisine is probably the finest in the world, the food in NY is pretty damn good. I mean, you wouldn't order etoufee in NY, but my dining experiences in NY have been otherwise excellent.

6. SabanFan

Sorry, but, anyone can grill a steak and I don't find trendy fusion restaurants very appetizing. NY chefs might make a prettier presentation, but it's all about the seasoning.

7. captainpodnuh

You're from Breaux Bridge, right, or at least presently reside there? The difference just became clear. To me, cajun food is a turn-off. Being from NO, I have a taste for creole, which is different enough. My wife is from Sunset, so I get a healthy enough dose of real cajun cooking to know it is not exactly my favorite. Therein lies our difference, I think. :wink:

8. SabanFan

Could be. And let me add that I've had some awesome Italian meals in New York.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

New York has some great European food. Italian, of course, but also Greek and German. The Mexican food doesn't cut it, though, and I've never wanted to try any of the 11 Creole or Cajun restaurants in the Manhattan yellow pages.

I did eat at a place at Union Station in DC once, called America. Their thing is the menu has 50 items, one from each state. I always get Maryland crab cakes in the Chesapeake area, but I did check out the Louisiana dish.

Jambalaya -- for $17.95! Man, in Louisiana $5.00 worth of Jambalaya is enough to choke you. Some Yankees are getting hosed!

10. captainpodnuh

Man, you just reminded me of a cream cheese lasagna that I had at Tratroria Dopo Teatro. I would kill to be able to find something like that here. Blows away any red gravy lasagna I've ever eaten. That place is between 6th and Broadway right off Times Square. Can't remember the cross street. Freakin' awesome. :thumb: :thumb: