What's your favorite LSU sport? Why?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Jan 27, 2005.

1. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Football
    Recruting for football
    In the summer... Getting ready for FOOTBALL!! :geauxtigs

2. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

1. Football - Because nothing beats Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium.
    1A. Basketball - I never went to a football game as a child but I went to many basketball games. I can vividly remember going to LSU-Auburn games during the Charles Barkeley Era. First college or pro sporting event I ever attended.
    2. Baseball - The american pastime. My father used to check me out of school to attend baseball games. We used to sit under the grandstand no problem.

3. lion22

lion22 Geaux Tigers!

:helmet: :crystal: :tigbas: :thumb:

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Women's gymnastics

[​IMG]

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Sort of a toss up between football and baseball. Nothing like the anticipation of the Tigers playing on Saturday night and no other sporting event I've experienced compares to being in Tiger stadium.

With baseball, you don't have to wait a week between games and these days with the internet, I can follow them all season. I know what it means to be a college athlete in a "minor" sport, those kids that are on partial scholarship as most are in baseball. Lots of personal investment by the hardballers and I admire their dedication to their sport. And, as the Batgirl posted above, the interaction between players and fans is great.

6. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

1. Football. We have had season tickets since saban's first year and win or lose there is nothing better than a saturday night in tiger stadium, and a saturday tailgatin'

2. Mens Basketball. I just wish we as fans could actually make it the Deaf Dome again

3. Baseball

7. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

FOOTBALL. give em LSU football in any stadium. but, LSU football in DEATH VALLEY......
    its the reason im getting out of the navy( and giving up a job that i dearly love). just to share that with my son, as my grandfather did with me....
    its a feeling i can't really explain. its almost the same as pulling away from port and thousands of people are there to waving goodbye and waiting for the next moment that they'll get to see you(and praying they will be able to see you) and then when your tour is over and your pulling back in, you can here them cheering from a halfmile away, even over the drum of the tugs. yeah its kinda like that feeling.

8. geauxgirl80

geauxgirl80 Freshman

Football (hands down). Then basketball and then baseball.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Football, by far and away.
    When football's in season, I spend all week waiting for the game - reading every dang thread I can find remotely relevant to football on TF and every article I can find anywhere else on the net.
    When football's out of season, I still try and read anything I can about it but find that isn't to much outside of recruiting, which I'm just getting into this year.

I've enjoyed the Men's Basketball games but not as many friends go as I'd like, plus I hate losing (I've only seen LSU football lose once in person - UF last year).

I went to Women's Basketball Final Four game last year and admit I got really into it with the dramatic end against Tennessee. It was a lot of fun. I plan on going to the rematch vs Tennesse and read about the sport, but don't make alot of games.

I have never been to a baseball game. I used to get bored as hell at my high school games, I'd just sit there waiting for it to end - so i haven't been to excited about going to a game yet. But I will make atleast a few games this year to see what Tiger Baseball is all about.

10. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

Boston Bengal, your remarks and admiration are wonderful. Move back home...it's cold up there and they "tahk" funny.
    Come on back, cher, there are radiology jobs down here. It is also crawfish season and King cakes are flying out the doors of bakeries all over town. We'll leave the light on for you.