What's your favorite LSU sport? Why?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Jan 27, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

CP, you'll have a blast at the baseball games. Tailgate some, have a few beers with the baseball fans, and enjoy a relaxed few hours in Alex Box. It's a different pace from football and basketball, but that's part of the fun of it. And have a beer or 6 for me, wish I could be there!

2. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

Now that has got to be great!

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Oh, you have no idea how cold it is/can be. Just two days ago it was MINUS 2 degrees (-11 with the wind chill) and that's NOT the coldest it gets. For 2 weeks STRAIGHT last year the temperature NEVER got above -17 (and that was actual--not with the wind chill). The wind was so brutal that it made your eyes water--but the tears (true story) never made it past my cheeks--they FROZE on my face!

The real kicker is that I live just two blocks from Harvard Stadium, so literally I "Pahk the cah neah Havahd yahd". :D

4. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

I feel your pain.

To think most of us park the truck near the stadium.

I am presently going to park the suburban near North Blvd. and attend the Mardi Paws Krewe of Mutts parade.

Planning on taking Teenie, the miniature Chiauwa (sp?) in a tiny ittle LSU cheerleader uniform. (the dog that is... it is too cold for me to sport a tiny little LSU cheerleading uniform and I doubt they come in size 10).

Well, hope you have a good LSU alumni Assoc. up there and can get together with some Louisiana transplants. When we lived near Tampa we did that a lot.
    Once we had a crawfish boil and were trying to figure out how many pounds per person (5? 3?) One non-Louisianian said, "Put me down for 12."
    "Wow," we said, "you must be really hungry or just looooove crawfish. 12 pounds!"

"Oh no!:shock: I thought you meant 12 crayfish (prounounced the yankee way..:eek:./insert screeching chalkboard sound effect here/)."
    We oredered 3 pounds for her and ate what she left.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

To be honest, the alumni chapter up here isn't very strong, but I've met a few displaced LSU fans up here. :)

One of the physicians I work with is doing his residency (Brigham and Women's Hospital--it's Harvard's medical school affiliate), so my fiance' and I meet with he and his wife for televised LSU games, etc.

Funny you should mention your dog's outfit. "Jazz", my year and a half old, Boxer, is dressed in his LSU fleece pullover--which has been a mainstay on him the past few weeks as he's up to his shoulders in snow every time he goes out (we did get 24" in the blizzard earlier this week--and another 8" on Monday....his short hair doesn't keep him as warm as he would like! :) )

6. lsugirl09

lsugirl09 Freshman

Since this is my first post on TF, I decided to start off on an easy subject. I've had some of the best times of my life on Saturday nights in Death Valley during football season. We all can say LSU football is like no other. :helmet: But when talking about LSU, baseball is the first thing that comes to my mind. 5 National Championships within 10 years. That's incredible.

One of my fondest memories as a child was when I was 8 at an LSU baseball game. My dad worked at LSU and he and I went to as many baseball games as we could. One night a week Mike the Tiger would randomly draw a child's name to chase around the bases during the 6th inning or so. I decided to enter my name into the contest on one Tuesday night. During the 2nd inning, my name was called over the loudspeaker. :shock: Boy was I in shock. I went down to the Tiger Terrace where I met Mike the Tiger, got a an autographed baseball, and an LSU t-shirt. We both went out on the field where I was introduced in front of the crowd. The race began on 2nd base. He chased me to homeplate, and I barely beat him. As embarassing as it was to be in front of such a large crowd, it was a fun and memorable night. :tigbas:

Ever since then, baseball at LSU has been my favorite.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Welcome to TF lsugirl, Excellent first post!

We hope you'll stick around and posts some more.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Welcome to the forum lsugirl09, we don't bite so feel free to start up conversations with all of us.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

1) Baseball my favorite LSU sports moments are going to Sunday games at the Box after Mass.

2) Football I love Tiger football nuff said.

3) Women's Gymnastics. Had a blast at the meets. Travling to an away gymnastics meet is an odd adventure.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Men's basketball and football. I can't pick.