What's your favorite LSU sport? Why?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

I haven't posted in days, but there was quite a crew of dogs in LSU regalia in the parade. They remarked on it in the paper and even mentioned a tiny one in a cheerleader dress... must be Teenie!
    Happy Mardi Gras!

2. foreverlsu

foreverlsu Founding Member

1:helmet: Because this is the reason I came to l.s.u.! Ever since I was a little kid I can remember as the tigers would rush out onto the field and the stadium would seem to explode. Because we won a National Championship my first year here something we have not done since Billy Cannon. Because when my dad was a student his dorm was in the stadium and he would tell me stories of old! Because this is what LSU is all about. Greatest Passion imaginable for a sport by the fans that is uncomprehensible!

2:tigbas: Because the tigers have won 5 National Championships in the last decade and because their is no other atomoshpere like it in college baseball!

3Men's Basketball - Because I keep wanting to believe Brady will establish a dominant program!:hihi: :hihi:

4Women's Basketball - Because of Seimone Augustus and Silvia Fowles, a recognized nationally program of excellence, and because they out draw the men's team!:hihi:

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    There is something about the spring that make's it my favorite time of the year. Everything is in bloom, the scent of freshly mowed grass is in the air, kids are running and playing--it's just a great season. Then there are crawfish boils, endless sunny days, and....LSU BASEBALL. Granted once it hits May, it's hotter than hell, but there is something about LSU baseball. I was born in 1985, so I grew up in the late 80s, and the 90s. LSU football wasn't too memorable for me, but I sure can remember watching my Tigers win the NC in 1991 at 6 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember getting Gary Hymel's autograph that season. Then I remember 93, 96 (who could forget?) 97, and 2000. I remembered going to Omaha for the first time in 97, and it was, to me, what Tiger Stadium is to most LSU faithful. I follow everything affiliated with LSU, but I look forward to baseball season more so than a child awaiting Santa on Christmas eve. I can't say I *like* baseball more so than football or basketball, but there is a certain feeling I get that is indescribable come spring time. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]