What's your take on gay's being given marriage licenses?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Feb 21, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

never said anything like this.

your dishonesty has tired me out. i am finished with you. discuss it with somebody else.

2. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

3. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

i am not in favor of gay marriage being made legal. i am in favor of marriage being completely independent of laws.

Your honor, I'm not in favor of you ruling this contract is unconscionable, I'm in favor of contracts being completely independent of laws.

i understand you think marriage is a weak institution and will crumble if only sanctioned by churches. i have enough faith in straight marriage that i believe it will be fine without government help.

I think marriage is no more weak or particularly strong as medical licensing, drivers licensing, speed limits, contract and property laws or any of a myriad of licensing programs or public policy. So long as the people either through the franchise or through referendum have the right to exercise their 10th Amendment rights, I'm willing to live with the consequences. If a law is made tomorrow that no males under the age of 40 are allowed to drive motor vehicles, my reaction will not be to do away with all drivers licenses, or to cry to unelected Kings and Queens to find something in a 200+ year old document guaranteeing my right to drive a motor vehicle. I'd petition the legislature, lobby for my position and if need be, vote out the scoundrels who enacted the public policy that is counter to my wishes.

look, i understand you are religious, and i can respect that. there are plenty of people here who agree with you about gay marriage. they dont make up lies or put words in my mouth to argue with me. possibly they are smarter than you.

You know I'm religious? That must be a tenet of your Secular Jihad that you can telepathically tell when someone is *religious* or not, because particular to me and generally to others who have opposed your gay agenda, I've rarely if ever mentioned religion in this issue, whereas you've never failed to utilize your form of religious zealotry in promoting your strong promotion of the gay agenda. As I've stated, to me this is a Constitutional, democratic and mental health issue. That Unitarians or Epsicopalians or Secular Zealots may choose to hold marriage or civil union cermonies to make their particular points is of no concern to me.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member