When do we say Kobe = Jordan?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just off the top of my head I'd give Pippen's Top 50 spot to Dennis Johnson.
    Another posibility is Paul Silas. The list came out a few years ago and I just noticed that Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are not on it. Maybe LeBron should wait a few more years because he is still young but Kobe should certainly be there now. A list in teh next few years should certainly include Dwane Wade and Steve Nash and if Chris Paul continues to play like he has he will be on a future list too.

Right now I would replace Pippen with Kobe. As for who should be dropped in he future to make room for new players if you want to keep the list at 50 its hard to say because there are a lot of old guys on the list who I never got to see play.

I do remember watching Dave Cowens and although he was pretty good I don't think he is one of the greatest 50 or all time. Tim Duncan is not on the list but he should be.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Top 50 Facts:

Amazingly, 9 of the top 50 all time greatest NBA players were either born in Louisiana or played their college basketball here of both.

Bob Pettit from Baton Rouge, Pete Maravich and Shaquille O'Neal all played for LSU. Elvin Hayes was from Rayville, LA and played college at the University of Houston. Ass did Clyde Drexler from New Orleans

The Mailman, Karl Malone was born in Summerfield, LA and played college hoops for Louisiana Tech.

Robert Parish from Shreveport played for Centenary. Willis Reed from Hico, LA and Grambling

And Bill Russell was born in Monroe, LA

An incredible 18% of the 50 greatest pro basketball players of all time either were born here, played college ball here or both. Eat your hearts out North Carolina

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I will give you DJ, he was that good. Steve Nash could make that list as well. So I guess I agree with you.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Dominique Wilkins, who should have also had his spot on the original Dream Team.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

He wasnt better than Pippen, he was just a highlight guy, what else did he do well?

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You're joking, right?

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Im not, looking at the overall picture of what a guy did for his team. Wilkins was really one dimensional.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He carried his team on his shoulders regularly. When did Pippen ever do that?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

carried them to what the playoffs, championships?
    He definitely was a great player.