When does Florida fire Muschamp? Apparently today.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 13, 2014.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Boo...

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's Gru's fault. He made me say it.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes and players play at S Miss because they werent offered by LSU. so the school sorta makes their decision. unless i find out he turned down an offer from USC for iowa city.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

AKA: non-qualifiers for SEC schools.

I have a lot of respect for what Jeff Bower was able to do during his tenure there. And, I'm still shocked Ellis Johnson screwed that up so royally.

titoabad1 likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Website raising money to lure Jim Harbaugh to U-M
    [​IMG] By Mark Snyder, Detroit Free Press 11:01 p.m. EST November 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

Michigan still has another game this season, at Ohio State on Saturday, to be coached by Brady Hoke.

After that, U-M interim athletic director Jim Hackett will evaluate him.

Some fans don't want to wait to hear the outcome as U-M's current 5-6 record is not enough and are trying to lure Jim Harbaugh to replace Hoke.

Never mind that Hoke is still in his job and Harbaugh is still coaching the San Francisco 49ers until at least January.

A funding website is taking donations, hoping to raise $1 million to donate to the charity of Harbaugh's choice if he coaches Michigan.

As of Sunday night, the site had raised just over $3,100.

The site states that all donations will be refunded if he doesn't take the job by Feb. 11.

TerryP likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Emmitt Smith wants Charlie Strong, Les Miles to coach Florida
    • [​IMG]
    • By Bryan Fischer
    • College Football 24/7 writer
    • Published: Nov. 26, 2014 at 03:44 p.m.

[​IMG]
    Associated Press
    Former Dallas Cowboys star Emmitt Smith played running back at Florida from 1987 to 1989.

While Thanksgiving will feature a ton of big-time NFL and college football matchups throughout the day, Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame running back Emmitt Smith is hoping two games in particular serve as a bit of an audition of sorts.

ยป Predictions for top 10 games of CFB Week 14
    Smith's alma mater, Florida, is in the market for a new head coach after dismissing Will Muschamp two weeks ago, and he has an idea as to whom athletic director Jeremy Foley should be looking at -- both are in action Thursday night.

Now Playing
    NFL: College Football 24/7
    CFB 24/7: CFP Committee Chairman Jeff Long
    According to Campus Insiders host Bonnie Bernstein, Smith's top two choices for the job are Texas head coach Charlie Strong and LSU's Les Miles.

It's no surprise to hear Strong's name get a, well ... strong endorsement from the Gators legend. After all, the current Longhorns coach was a longtime assistant in Gainesville and a successful defensive coordinator for the team when they were winning national titles under Urban Meyer a few years ago.

Despite the flattering attention, Strong has already denied he's interested in taking a job many thought he would be a perfect fit for.

"I have a great job here, and I say this -- we have a lot of work to get done here," Strong said at his news conference last week. "I'm not very pleased with where we are right now. I look at our record and know we could have been a lot better, and there is still a lot of work to get done here."

Miles would be an interesting option at Florida because of his success at LSU and in the SEC. If there's any job he's being linked to during the offseason, however, it would be the likely-to-open head coaching spot at his alma mater, Michigan.

LSU visits Texas A&M, and Texas hosts TCU on Thursday.

Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy is considered one of the favorites to become the next Gators head coach. Other names that have surfaced in connection to the opening include Mississippi State's Dan Mullen and even South Carolina's Steve Spurrier.

Who knows if Smith's words carry any weight with the administration at Florida, but it's probably safe to say that whoever winds up taking the job has but one criteria to get the support of one of the best tailbacks to ever play the game: win.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Could you imagine if Miles went to Florida and we had to play Saban and Miles every year.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think Emmitt needs to make an appointment with his neurologist.

Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

He's no nervous than you are, Happy Thanksgiving COTiger.:)

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Emmitt took too many hits to the head.
    And a Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours as well.
    Screw the NFL. I'm watching the Earthquake game against Auburn from 1988. Hell of a performance by the Tigers, Hodson in particular. Icongeauxtigers.png

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.