When does Florida fire Muschamp? Apparently today.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 13, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

With your sense of humor, I'm likely at 200...

LSUDad likes this.
  2. msully

msully Founding Member

Did not think about that Terry , . Thank you . Would like to see them do better , my grandsons like the Vols . That maybe why Bob comes around with a smile on his face .
    You have made me feel better , Bama may have a little more fun with games that are a bit harder to win ,

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's my opinion Joshua Dobbs has a higher ceiling than Treon Harris. The Tigers visit Knoxville in 2017 and there's a good chance you may find it fortunate he's a sophomore this season.

I fully realize you guys have a different view of UT than I. I think we can agree the road back is a lot easier at UT than at some of the other schools in the headlines right now: IE: Michigan, Nebraska, etc.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

FWIW, there's an interesting exchange going on between UofSC beat writers and Auburn beat writers on who is in the lead for Boom.

Phillip Marshall is claiming he knows nothing about UofSC and Boom even existing...while UofSC guys are reporting it's a done deal.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Looking at the HC job at UH

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Interviewed today.

I don't think he knows what he's going to do. I suspect, any path he takes, he'll rethink it later on next year.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Looks like he took the job at barn.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This might end up being a great story to follow.

It's interesting to me due to all the talk about how offenses similar to what Gus runs leave weak defenses. Ellis had the #3 defense in the country (as I recall) when he took the job down there and now look at him (IF anyone happens to know WHERE he is...)

On a brighter note, since these type of offenses do lead to defenses spending more time on the playing field that's right up Muschamp's alley—his UF defenses certainly were on the field, a lot.

A couple of thoughts:

•I wonder if Rodney Garner ends up being retained—if so, that's an interesting combination.
    •Is Chizik still getting paid? I know Johnson is and that's combined with the reported 1.6 Boom is reported to be receiving (seen rumor of an annuity arrangement on top of that.)
    •From my perspective as a fan, I look at the defenses Boom has fielded, that we've faced ,and I see things like 670+ yards this season against Florida, 360+ in 2011 with over 225 on the ground, and over 200 against his Texas defense back in 2009. It's not exactly daunting.

Last, but not least, a quote from the book Gus wrote about his thoughts on how his defensive coordinators should "think." How do you think Boom will fit with this mindset?

[​IMG]

This may be a great combination; a great hire. The chances of it going the other way are just as big.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have always thought Muschamp was overrated. I don't even think he is coordinator material.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I can understand if you think he's overrated as a HC. Why don't you think he's DC material?