When does Florida fire Muschamp? Apparently today.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 13, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You know, we've always talked about how cyclical the collegiate football world can be, right? So, Florida fired Auburn's former defensive coordinator to hire Alabama's former offensive coordinator & the former AU DC is DC again.

LSUTiga, tirk and LSUDad like this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

His last year at LSU he coordinated a top five defense. His last year at Auburn it was a top 10 (6) defense. As head coach, his defense in his last year at UF was a top five defense.

I see good stats in every year I've glanced at...how are you seeing "overrated?"

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A friend I know was wishing that he would take the UH job.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

because he doesnt look the part. at least thats my take. even as a coordinator he looks like may have downs syndrome. im not paying that guy that much money because something is off about him. mainly hes unprofessional and makes me uncomfortable.

StaceyO, LSUTiga and LSUDad like this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He knows how to clap and he doesn't wear a windbreaker when it's 90 degrees.

LSUDad and Bengal B like this.
  6. tirk

[​IMG]

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Last night I went to dinner with a friend, a coordinator in college. We started talking about college coaches, jobs, pay, etc. His Head Coach was getting calls from his agent. Jobs were open and he was asked by the agent as to his interest. None, didn't want to move, change jobs, etc.

Then we started talking about money, yes some are calling it too much. Like I always say, thin line from Hot Coach to Hot Seat.

McElwain took the Fla job, but is bringing not one of his coaches, just left them there at Co. St., the same guys that helped him get the Fla job, are being left to fend for themselves. Good assts. at Co St, just not good enough for the Fla jobs?

Jobs are open now, but not many are moving, doesn't take long to look at a job, make a few calls and find out if its meant to be.

Coaches are getting calls and are getting offers. But how many want to more? Whats going on a Wiskey? One leaves for Ark, kind of an even move, one leaves for Oregon St., a little drop down in schools?

StaceyO likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That has Jeremy Foley written all over it.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

An yes, this is whats called the problems off the field.

10. tirk

thats what saban did when he left mich st. bobby williams almost made the trip but i guess he sobered up.

LSUDad likes this.